Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Understanding Complex Sleep Apnea
Understanding Complex Sleep Apnea
Understanding Complex Sleep Apnea Video:

The above post may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. The material available is intended to advance the understanding of Sleep Apnea treatment and to advance the educational level of Sleep Apnea patients with regard to their health. Sometimes included is the full text of articles and documents rather than a simple link because outside links frequently "go bad" or change over time. This constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material in this post is distributed without fee or payment of any kind for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this post for purposes of your own that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Understanding Complex Sleep Apnea
Based on that video, I most likely have Complex sleep apnea.

The video did not, however, discuss the difference between mixed and complex. Unless the complex means no Central events until the CPAP is used vs mixed where the person has both prior to CPAP use.

I suspect that number (15%) would rise if we all had sleep tests again.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
One beauty of having the S9 Autoset and Rescan is seeing when you are have Central Sleeep Apnea (CSA) and when you are having OSA.
I notice that on occasion I do have a CSA, but the number are insignificant compared to the number of OSA events.
Lowering the maximum setting on a an autoset machine, should reduce the CSA events in cases where you have complex sleep apneas caused by the pressure itself. Owning an Autoset machine is a great alternative to going to a sleep lab for titration, but if you don't look at the data you might be making matters worse if the machine picks pressures that are higher than what you can tolerate, causing frequent CSA. I would guess as that as long as your AHI is low, you don't have to worry. But if your AHI is higher than 5, you better pull out Rescan and see what's happening.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sadly, I was an idiot and accepted what the DME gave me. My machine is not an autoset nor is it data capable. Just "compliance" data.

However, this gives me more reason to save up and get an autoset from Supplier #2.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry Supplier #2 came though big time...I was just frustrated by not reaching them for a couple of days..email is the better way. (My Bad)

And the deal I got was great...

Mod please remove the post above if possable.

Thanks.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Post removed per your request, Rich. Glad you got the info you needed.

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 148 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 224 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 106 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Need help with RERAs in sleep apnea shedu1337 8 279 04-03-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  Heart Failure with Sleep Apnea kwhenrykerr 2 190 04-02-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Understanding OSCAR data BaldZoomer 3 200 04-01-2024, 02:22 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 377 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.