Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Washington Post Article
RE: Washington Post Article
(02-04-2017, 12:05 PM)Phill Wrote: I should point out that I took myself off treatment for six weeks, I am clearly still alive, I got a better nights sleep, and rarely did I fall asleep during the day, much the same as being on treatment.

What do you mean by "on treatment"? You were spending time sleeping without the mask.

Make a commitment to wear the mask every time you sleep, all the time you are sleeping. You don't know what effect that would have on you until you try it.

It may mean that for a few days you'll be worse off because of a lack of sleep, but that is a temporary situation that will come to an end.

I was worse off for several weeks until I adapted. But I can tell you that those few weeks of torture were worth it. The last five years have been some of the happiest of my life.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,748 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 141 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 262 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,362 622,141 01-19-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [CPAP] New User Struggling - PSG and CPAP Data Post PSG1 4 2,098 01-08-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 330 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  How to post OSCAR data? SirFency 1 370 10-30-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.