Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nice to have options, but... [A10 vs S9]
Nice to have options, but... [A10 vs S9]
...it can get confusing. So, while I wait for Lincare & my Medicare Advantage plan to work through their respective bureaucracies I plan on purchasing one on my own to have as a backup. Apparently the S10 Airsense Auto is well thought of here, as is the S9 Autoset. I contacted Supplier #2 to ask some purchasing questions. We covered a lot of ground during the call and a comment made stuck out for me. This person commented that they thought the S9 tended to be more reliable than the S10. So, I came here and nosed around a bit and it seems that some did have problems early on with the S10. Others have had no problems at all. Is there any truth to the S10 having more issues?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nice to have options, but...
I would guess that the S10 had no more problems than the S9 did when it first came out. That usually happens when any new product comes out. It could be a matter of the salesperson just remembering the most recent problems and forgetting about problems the S9 may have had when it first came out.

I have a Air Sense 10 and have had no problems with it. It's a great machine.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Both machines I'm considering are new, with the S9 being nearly $100 cheaper as it's discontinued. First machine purchase since 2011 when my DME just gave me what they wanted. Just trying to get it right.
Post Reply Post Reply
They're both good machines. Don't just go by which machine was made later. Also check the hours of each machine. The S9 may be the better machine hours wise.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Both are new and unused. Leaning toward the S10 I guess.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 198 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,874 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Stomach Sleeper Mask Options LikeaGlove90 13 1,152 12-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options? Labromaniac 3 515 11-20-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Haven't tried to sleep with it but regular breathing while awake is nice too. erouting 2 521 08-23-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: erouting
  [CPAP] Resvent iBreeze C20 replacement - Options? sheldor 3 888 03-08-2023, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Good Info Here on Treatment Options cmpman1974 0 363 03-01-2023, 11:19 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.