Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nicholas' progress thread
(06-01-2017, 08:45 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: EPR is fine, and does not harm your therapy as long as EPAP minimum remains 9.0.

Ok, so to achieve an EPAP min of 9 (and assuming that if I *do* use EPR, it's set to 2), my options are:

a) set CPAP to 9 and turn off epr
b) set CPAP to 11 and turn on epr 2
c) set APAP min to 11 turn on epr 2

Do I have that right?
Post Reply Post Reply
a) set CPAP to 9 and turn off epr
c) set APAP min to 11 APAP max to 11 turn on epr 2
d) set APAP min to 9 APAP max to 9 turn epr off

A minor change, and option c or d would be slightly preferred because they would enable the "Flow Limit" chart 
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2017, 09:43 AM)bonjour Wrote: a) set CPAP to 9 and turn off epr
c) set APAP min to 11 APAP max to 11 turn on epr 2
d) set APAP min to 9 APAP max to 9 turn epr off

A minor change, and option c or d would be slightly preferred because they would enable the "Flow Limit" chart 

I'm not positive, but I think Resmed Autoset will record flow limitation in CPAP mode.  Philips definitely does not do FL flags in CPAP mode.
Post Reply Post Reply

(06-01-2017, 11:21 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'm not positive, but I think Resmed Autoset will record flow limitation in CPAP mode.

The S9 Autoset DOES record flow limits in CPAP.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2017, 11:33 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The S9 Autoset DOES record flow limits in CPAP.

Then it seems reasonably safe to assume the S10 does, too.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2017, 09:43 AM)bonjour Wrote: d) set APAP min to 9 APAP max to 9 turn epr off

This is the option I'll likely go with tonight. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

So last night I set it to CPAP mode at a pressure of 9 with EPR off @bonjour - it *did* flow limit). My AHI was 1.31 for a total time of 7:34. At first glance, those numbers looks good. The interesting thing is that the 7:34 was broken up into 7 small sessions, with the longest two being 1:54 and 2:04; I was up and down quite a bit during the night. This is somewhat consistent with the previous night where my APAP range was set to 10-16 with EPR off; my AHI was 0.87 for a total sleep time of 5:34 broken into 7 shorter sessions.

This is in contrast with two nights ago where APAP was set to 10-16 with EPR of 2. My AHI was up at 2.56, but I had only 4 sessions that averaged longer.

So, when EPR is off and EPAP stays constant at 9 or 10, my AHI may be lower, but I seem to get up and down all night.

However, with EPR on, my AHI may be slightly higher, but I get up and down less, and each of my sleep sessions last longer.

The question is: why? Why do I get up more when my EPAP is fixed at 9? Is it due to comfort? If so, then EPAP pressure must be disturbing me more than I realize - because I don't consciously notice much discomfort when EPR is off.

I'm not sure which scenario is better. If I had to choose, I'd be inclined towards the higher AHI with less getting up and down at night. Waking up to pee has been a major complaint throughout most of my life - so the less I do that, the better I seem to feel.

The next frontier is to try and get my AHI down *with* longer sleep sessions. Any feedback is appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go for comfort and less sleep disruption. The rest will take care of itself in time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Less getting up to pee is better sleep.

Sleep-well
For more information explore and read the wiki or just start with the link below.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success

Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply

(06-02-2017, 11:29 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Go for comfort and less sleep disruption.  The rest will take care of itself in time.

Thanks, I agree. When you get a minute, as a favor, would you have a peek at the above data and see if it takes you to the same conclusion?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Guidance required, 10+ months and no progress! antstephenson 12 247 Yesterday, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Progress report David44142 11 657 07-29-2017, 06:46 PM
Last Post: David44142
  [How to] Start a New Thread with the Right Subject Line! PaulaO2 31 2,981 06-22-2017, 02:32 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Exclaimation My sleep thread "Jstuts5797" Jstuts5797 10 359 06-15-2017, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Jstuts5797
  another progress report David44142 4 320 04-30-2017, 04:34 AM
Last Post: lmost
  Making Progress – Welcome Input RWhipkey 14 1,195 03-28-2017, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Cranberry Ray
  BUG REPORTS for new forum software [Thread Now Closed] SuperSleeper 217 6,784 02-14-2017, 05:54 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper