Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Night 1...
Night 2 update
Tried to adjust the mask a bit last night for a better fit, and my numbers seemed to improve. AHI down to .57 (3 events) and a 95% leak of 24.0.

I seemed to tolerate the mask better last night, I think I had the humidifier set too hot the first night, it was way better a little cooler.

Thanks for the feedback and advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Night 1...
Glad we could help!

Remember, no two nights are the same so it may take a while for it all to settle. I look forward to reading what your data is in a few weeks! Your AHI so far is great!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Night 2 update
(06-07-2013, 04:54 AM)dc-ohio Wrote: Tried to adjust the mask a bit last night for a better fit, and my numbers seemed to improve.

Congratulations! Keep it up.

One thing to bear in mind is to not over-tighten the mask. From personal experience, I can tell you that if the mask is too tight, it can trigger claustrophobia / suffocation panic, even though it might feel OK when you are awake. Sadly, my subconscious had other ideas, and I ended up getting no sleep whatsoever that night.

Also keep in mind that you don't need a perfect leak-free seal. Minor leaks will be compensated by the machine. Remember it's the pressure and not the flow rate that is the treatment. The limits to leak rates are mainly to allow the device to statistically determine your inhale and exhale. The larger the leak, the more your breathing falls into the sensor noise.

The exception to the above is leaks blowing into the eyes. Try to eliminate those whenever possible to prevent drying your eyes during the night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 851 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,111 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,342 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,235 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,202 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.