Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Night 3
Night 3
Previously

Last night.
[attachment=2957]
Woke up a couple of times with the mask leaking blatantly. Snugged it down considerably ... and realized I need a smaller web set to hold on the mask, as it was nearly as tight as it could go. *Sigh*

Fewer events on the graphs, but I didn't feel rested this morning.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Night 3
Well, if the mask was leaking, Sleepyhead didn't see it. One leak, and it's very brief. Events are still obstructive. I would set ramp minimum pressure at 6.0 or eliminate it. Increase max pressure to 11.0 for the obstructive events and flow limits. The data is very consistent in showing an obstructed airway which indicates more pressure. It might be interesting to zoom in on a 2-3 minute section around 4:45. Your pressure is maxed out and no events are present, but we could take a look at how the flow limitations are affecting you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Minor leaks don't necessarily show up in the data but can be disturbing if the air is blowing into your eyes or alternatively causing face farts. Tightening the headgear is not always the best way to go - sometimes it's better to adjust the balance between the top and bottom straps. You could also try a mask liner (Remzz or Pad-a-cheek) which don't reduce leaks per se, but diffuse them so they are not bothersome.

While I agree with SR's suggestion to increase your max pressure, I think that having done that you should then make no further changes for at least a week. Your body needs time to accustom itself to the new breathing regime and it can't do that if you're constantly changing parameters. You could make a note of how you feel each morning, but don't fire up Sleepyhead for a week and see what trends have developed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I kept getting little blubs of mask leaking around my face with every tilt or turn, until I finally tightened the straps as much as I could.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Over-tightening the mask is going to leave a mark. I guess we do what we must in pursuit of comfort, but I think it may be more productive to try additional products until you find one that works without crushing your face. It takes time.

DB's comment is very good. I just downloaded to Sleepyhead today to catch up on the last 14 days. My suggestion of pressure increase is based on the continued presence of OA and FL and the persistently maxed out pressure. You should only do something suggested here if you feel the result will make you feel better. You are effectively treated, and comfort for less disrupted sleep is more important than any data results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 868 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 920 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,128 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,363 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,293 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,281 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,229 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.