Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Doctor follow-up
Doctor follow-up
Hi everyone, it has been a while since I posted anything. Just wanted to give a brief update.

So I went yesterday for a follow up with the sleep doctor. He said my AHI looks great, been under 1 or a little over since I have first started CPAP (about 3 months). Told him that I have a stuffy nose and dry lips when waking up. So he said to up my humidifier settings (now 5) and then also set my temperature on my climate line hose (current 79). It was only 1 night so far, felt fine for most of the night but nose was a little stuffy/clogged when waking up. Initially they put me on a range of 6-15 for APAP to self titrate. Well I have played with my settings to get adjusted and settled on 9.4-15. The nurse said not to change my settings since it is a medical prescription. Yeah, ok it's my treatment so I will put it where I want it and feel comfortable at.

Anyway most of my AHIs are coming up as CAs which I told the dr about, he wasn't that worried about it. So I don't have to see them again for another 6 months. All in all I feel like therapy is going well. Thanks for all the posts and support. I try to get on every day to see what other people are going through. Thanks!

Inky1
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Doctor follow-up
Well good on you! Way to own your therapy and just get it done.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Inky1,
It's great to hear that your CPAP therapy is going so well and that you have taken control of it, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone for all your advice and encouragement.

I told my wife about changing the pressure, she said I shouldn't do that (she works for insurance company). I said I did so so that I would be comfortable and my dr. doesn't wear the mask at night.

I am working on getting my wife tested for sleep apnea. She has all the classic signs/symptoms of it. She just doesn't want to wear a mask at night. So I will keep on nudging her to get tested. Spouses can be hard to convince. Thanks again!

Inky1
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe you can show her a pic of the AirFit P10 For Her nasal pillows.

If she's the type of person to be convinced by data, then a sleep study may do the trick.

The more I look at info about home sleep studies, the better they look to me, especially as an initial screening tool.

(06-06-2016, 10:18 AM)Inky1 Wrote: I am working on getting my wife tested for sleep apnea. She has all the classic signs/symptoms of it. She just doesn't want to wear a mask at night. So I will keep on nudging her to get tested. Spouses can be hard to convince. Thanks again!

Inky1

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input green wings.

I also use the P10 as a backup to my Amara view. I really like the Amara a whole lot overall.

I had a home study done as well. It showed me as having moderate sleep apnea. She complains of being tired, snores, gasping for breath at night. I will keep nudging her to roll over if I hear her until she gets a sleep study done. Need to put a bug in her PCP's ear to talk to her about it. Thanks again!

Inky1
Post Reply Post Reply
I found it helpful to use a sleep monitoring app to record what I sounded like while sleeping. There are several free ones for smartphones and tablets.

I'd say it's probably better for her to download the app and use it herself, if she will do that. Or if she won't, maybe you can get her to do it with you as a joint effort.

Just saying that because I don't know if I'd have reacted well to having someone thrust a recording of my scary-sounding breathing in my face last year.

I was pretty horrified when I discovered how I sounded. It developed sometime in the period from 2013-2015 and was a total surprise to me.

(06-06-2016, 11:24 AM)Inky1 Wrote: Thanks for the input green wings.

I also use the P10 as a backup to my Amara view. I really like the Amara a whole lot overall.

I had a home study done as well. It showed me as having moderate sleep apnea. She complains of being tired, snores, gasping for breath at night. I will keep nudging her to roll over if I hear her until she gets a sleep study done. Need to put a bug in her PCP's ear to talk to her about it. Thanks again!

Inky1

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,715 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 523 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 330 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 787 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  Doctor ordered a CPAP sleep study melody 11 898 11-12-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.