Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Night 6 breakthough; finally fell asleep!!
Night 6 breakthough; finally fell asleep!!
Hi folks....very excited about my first night falling asleep with the CPAP nasal-only mask on!

Nights 1-5 were not very successful at all; despite my determination to stick with it, I ended up ditching the mask after 3 or 4 hours of tossing and turning and fell asleep the 'normal' way.

Last night was my 6th night and as usual I was determined to fall asleep with the mask on - and did just that within about an hour, very happy about that. Yes, I was super-tired and could barely keep my eyes open, but I was also like that in nights 1-5 and still got nowhere.

I also have sleep apnea-related nocturia but last night only had to get up one time to go to the bathroom; usually it's 5 or 6 times. God knows that was a very encouraging night; fell asleep for the first time with a nasal mask on and I only had to get up once, a true breakthrough.

New people like me.....keep trying, try not to get deterred, try not to look at the device as though you could never fall asleep with it on; stay positive and keep trying! Sometimes it may take 5, 6 or more nights, but once you do it one time as I did you will be determined to keep going.

Much more confident about lying down tonight now.......I have my 2nd follow-up with the clinic on wedneday and I want to show 3 or 4 good nights of sleep on the machine for them to look at and continue helping me.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Night 6 breakthough; finally fell asleep!!
Way to go, Jon. It's determination and your desire to make it work that will help you adjust to CPAP.

Good example for other newbies who have troubles at the first.

Thanks for posting this!

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good for you Jon! Perseverance pays off! Smile
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Great. Good work. It's simple, but it's not easy!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 127 10 minutes ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,030 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 266 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 828 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,866 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 138 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 296 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.