Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit N10
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: 8
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
Night 7
I promise I wont do each night for the rest of my life-its just a new experience-

So I noticed that I feel more awake when I wake up- instead of waking up feeling blah and wish I could stay in bed all day, I am actually getting up- not sleepy at all. No bathroom break too, so that is good.

I am still getting very very tired in late afternoon- I want to take a nap but refrain so I will sleep better at night- but I am hoping that the afternoon exhaustion will subside eventually-
My next goal is to start exercising and lose this extra weight, but one thing at a time...
I am starting to think my brain is less foggy, but not sure if that is just wishful thinking-don't want to get too excited yet
01-16-2015 06:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

RE: Night 7
Hi cookie810,
Just stick with it, you arre already noticing improvements and that's a great thing. Just give it more time, keep up the good work, hang in there for more responses to your post.

trish6hundred
01-16-2015 09:19 AM
novatom Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: 460 PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Philips Nuance Pro
Humidifier: PR System One Heated Humdifier
CPAP Pressure: 6
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: Professional journalist. Started CPAP on Jan. 1, 2015.

Sex: Male

I am in my third week of CPAP therapy and my experience is so-so. I've had good nights and bad nights, a few where I've felt like you describe, where you feel refreshed in the morning and then run out of steam halfway through the day. I attribute it to the fact that your body is re-adjusting to the new sleep patterns and that it will eventually pass. Sounds like it may be a common experience among newbies.
01-16-2015 09:45 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Sparkle Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Res Med Air Sense 10 Auto Set
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed S10 37028
CPAP Pressure: 4-14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: 3 brothers on CPAP; rescue mom to Bootsie Bella; wishes the APAP matched the decor in my bedroom :)

(01-16-2015 09:45 AM)novatom Wrote:  I am in my third week of CPAP therapy and my experience is so-so. I've had good nights and bad nights, a few where I've felt like you describe, where you feel refreshed in the morning and then run out of steam halfway through the day. I attribute it to the fact that your body is re-adjusting to the new sleep patterns and that it will eventually pass. Sounds like it may be a common experience among newbies.

I'm on Day 3 and I keep telling myself to give it more time - but I am experiencing the same thing - waking up better but am tired as the day goes on.
01-16-2015 09:51 AM
Eurika Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Airsense10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Nuance Gel
Humidifier: Intergrated
CPAP Pressure: 5 to 11.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

These are early days for you, and from experience of only 3 months use I can say that the more you persevere the better it gets, as you become more comfortable with the masks.

The body needs time to adjust to the new relief it's getting, ie more Oxygen full nights sleep etc.

Failure is NOT an option.
01-16-2015 12:57 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Sparkle Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Res Med Air Sense 10 Auto Set
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed S10 37028
CPAP Pressure: 4-14

Other Comments: 3 brothers on CPAP; rescue mom to Bootsie Bella; wishes the APAP matched the decor in my bedroom :)

(01-16-2015 12:57 PM)Eurika Wrote:  These are early days for you, and from experience of only 3 months use I can say that the more you persevere the better it gets, as you become more comfortable with the masks.

The body needs time to adjust to the new relief it's getting, ie more Oxygen full nights sleep etc.

Thank you - I will. I am being optimistic. I'm usually a very healthy person - I've had a few minor blips - a ruptured appendix, I was diagnosed with ITP (a low platelet count - cause unknown) and I got over them. I'm sure I will this as well - it just hit me pretty hard. Maybe my older age? Though I don't feel a day over 30 (I am with college aged students all day - I think I am one of their peers lol). So given it was unanticipated, unexpected - I will give myself the time I need to become accustomed to this new experience.
01-16-2015 01:15 PM
sumzzzs Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: PRS1 BiPap Auto 750P
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro.
Humidifier: PR System One Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 EPAP 15 IPAP

Other Comments:

Hello, I've got about 40 days in, but only 10 or so with correct mask. FFM I do feel better? But only in day time. At night the fog returns, BP goes up and vision goes somewhat. Been using Sleepyhead every day and following these forums.
01-16-2015 03:51 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever pwgphoto 34 5,324 08-30-2016 08:36 PM
Last Post: HoustonMIke
  [Treatment] Seeing significantly different AHI numbers night to night galenaforest 4 820 02-25-2016 02:27 AM
Last Post: Dagmar1
  One night = 0 leaks, next night 30 L.....??? GrammaBear 3 734 01-28-2016 01:39 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  First night behind me - 2nd night update - mostly Centrals? worn_out_in_lebanon 19 4,459 03-21-2015 11:11 AM
Last Post: retired_guy
  0.0 Events Last Night - Night #7 Sparkle 4 1,791 01-20-2015 09:47 PM
Last Post: Sparkle
  Interesting night- Adjusted pressure part way through night dozydave 2 1,147 01-19-2015 02:46 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Confusing night last night retired_guy 11 3,249 01-16-2015 06:43 PM
Last Post: Eurika