Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Night Hours
Night Hours
I'm working three 12 hour days every week and they're from 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. The hours I sleep are very different from those who have regular shifts. I have reason to believe that my cpap machine resets the time I use my cpap machine at either 11 a.m. or 12 p.m. but I'm asleep from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. I do believe the reset causes the machine to stop recording my hours after either of those hours. Can anyone tell me how to program it to reset my hours at 12 a.m. rather than at noon? Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Night Hours
Hi DreamWarrior! - Welcome

A Resmed's day is from noon til noon the net day. Most shift workers set the CPAP's clock back to keep the sleep data in one day's reporting. Since you probably don't go to bed until about 6 AM, I would set the clock back about 8 hours. That way, the CPAP thinks you went to bed at 10 PM.

Remember, it's not when you actually slept, but the total number of hours.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Night Hours
(01-27-2023, 04:50 PM)DreamWarrior Wrote: I'm working three 12 hour days every week and they're from 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. The hours I sleep are very different from those who have regular shifts. I have reason to believe that my cpap machine resets the time I use my cpap machine at either 11 a.m. or 12 p.m. but I'm asleep from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. I do believe the reset causes the machine to stop recording my hours after either of those hours. Can anyone tell me how to program it to reset my hours at 12 a.m. rather than at noon? Thanks in advance.

Hi,  I am running into the same thing. I work overnights and I don't go to bed till 8 or 9 in the morning. So the machine records time in the morning for one day and the at noon and then records its for the next day for the afternoon hrs. whats bad is when the weekend comes I dont always sleep in the morning so there is no hours recorded.  Its weird. I let my Dr. know about my work schedule and they have to understand and deal with it. If you come up with a solution and set your machine clock back let me know how it works and how to do it. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 289 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 253 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 475 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 277 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 492 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Consistently Waking Up After ~3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 439 01-20-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [CPAP] Consistently Waking Up After 3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 529 01-11-2024, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.