Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Night One on CPAP
RE: Night One on CPAP
When I tried that mask I would put the straps up and over my ears and then down the back of my head to tighten them up, next step would have been to tie a knot in them to take up some slack. Turns out I can't use them as I have a problem exhaling into pressure and those just don't work for me.

There is a ton of data in sleepyhead but you will zoom in to the most important things for you pretty quickly, don't worry about it just ignore the rest unless someone tells you to look at something else specific.
Post Reply Post Reply
One day at a time. 4 months in I finally got my OAs and HAs close to zero but my CAI runs close to 2 every night.

Hang in there. It gets better however slowly.

Once a week I get the privilege of saying "Best night ever".
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The straps on For Her are pretty good for my head, so I haven't actually tried this, but: I have a For Him mask too, which IS too large for me. I was contemplating stapling the straps so there is a small loop in them, to remove some of the length. A staple or two would be easy to remove if you got the length wrong. You probably want to place them somewhere that you wouldn't sleep on the lump, depending on which side or back you sleep on.

But after you get used to cpap as a whole, a looser fit is better. A tighter fit may help till you get used to having this THING on your face. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 1 34 1 hour ago
Last Post: Ostrich
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,145 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 884 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  New CPAP user - Longest night I've been able to keep it on bopbop 4 402 01-31-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bopbop
  new CPAP user night 12 .......runny nose Barbara Williams 0 351 11-11-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Barbara Williams
  [CPAP] Preparing for first night with CPAP (help required) applebee 2 433 10-28-2023, 11:20 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Night Guard use with CPAP brettski99 3 637 10-14-2023, 09:52 AM
Last Post: jstro84

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.