Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Night One on CPAP
When I tried that mask I would put the straps up and over my ears and then down the back of my head to tighten them up, next step would have been to tie a knot in them to take up some slack. Turns out I can't use them as I have a problem exhaling into pressure and those just don't work for me.

There is a ton of data in sleepyhead but you will zoom in to the most important things for you pretty quickly, don't worry about it just ignore the rest unless someone tells you to look at something else specific.
Post Reply Post Reply
One day at a time. 4 months in I finally got my OAs and HAs close to zero but my CAI runs close to 2 every night.

Hang in there. It gets better however slowly.

Once a week I get the privilege of saying "Best night ever".
Dont-know  I am an accountant so any advice given here is not medical. If I give any financial advice, you can take it to the bank. However, you will have a hard time cashing it in. Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
The straps on For Her are pretty good for my head, so I haven't actually tried this, but: I have a For Him mask too, which IS too large for me. I was contemplating stapling the straps so there is a small loop in them, to remove some of the length. A staple or two would be easy to remove if you got the length wrong. You probably want to place them somewhere that you wouldn't sleep on the lump, depending on which side or back you sleep on.

But after you get used to cpap as a whole, a looser fit is better. A tighter fit may help till you get used to having this THING on your face. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First CPAP night, questions about Sleepyhead data lrob123 10 512 05-21-2017, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Surfbear
  Third night on cpap zzzzz Kathy Oreardon 9 263 05-19-2017, 05:36 PM
Last Post: bonjour
Angry [CPAP] Second night on cpap no sleep Kathy Oreardon 13 375 05-19-2017, 03:50 AM
Last Post: Kathy Oreardon
  My 5th night on CPAP, a new batch of observations w/ detailed play-by-play Nicholas 27 794 05-16-2017, 09:02 AM
Last Post: TASmart
Gross [CPAP] 1st Night with CPAP Nightmare!!!! KirkF 24 1,221 02-17-2017, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
Wink Second night with CPAP Debberz 13 599 02-12-2017, 08:46 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
Smile First night with CPAP stereoswimmer 9 395 02-04-2017, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider