Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Night Sweating / Humidity Issue
Question 
Night Sweating / Humidity Issue
I have had a ResMed S9 AutoSet with H5i Humidifier for about a year now. I also have a Fisher & Paykel Eson nasal mask and a ResMed ClimateLine. I live in Maine and during the colder months, I get rainout and significant night-time sweating. I have tried to adjust it as best I can, but I am looking for some help from anyone else who might have experienced similar issues. I have moved the machine lower to the ground so that the moisture in the tube has to fight gravity which has helped some with the rainout. The sweating is only helped if I sleep in just my underwear and without any covers on me, which can get a bit chilly. The guy at the Apnea Clinic at the VA Hospital said a room humidifier might help. I am not so sure that it would help with the night sweats. He thought the heated tube might be working too hard to maintain correct moisture in the system which causes a quasi overheating of sorts. I have tried turning off the humidifier and that causes horrible dry nasal passages. Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks,
Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Night Sweating / Humidity Issue
The ClimateLine on auto designed to protects against rainout and you can adjust air temp to your personal preference 16-30C (61-86F)

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
I had it turned all the way down to 60F and still had problems if I got under even just a thin sheet. I also tried OFF and did not have sweating problems, but my nose was as dry as a desert.
Thanks for the welcome zonk!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to be on the safe side, talk to your doctor about night sweats, can mean different things

On warm nights, I get a bit sweaty but I need to use the humidifier, otherwise my nose won't be happy Smile
There is fine balance, matter of trial and error, everyone is different
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with you. I cannot live without my humidifier either. I will speak to my doctor when I see him in December.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2015, 10:59 PM)zonk Wrote: Just to be on the safe side, talk to your doctor about night sweats, can mean different things

On warm nights, I get a bit sweaty but I need to use the humidifier, otherwise my nose won't be happy Smile
There is fine balance, matter of trial and error, everyone is different

I agree with zonk. You should not be having night sweats in Maine in November. And, the CPAP/Humidifier/heated hose should not cause night sweats.

Agreed
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi clrobison,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I agree, you should mention to your doc about the night sweats.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm confused. Does "night sweats" refer to condensation in the CPAP hose, or to perspiration? If it is the hose, get a heated hose and consider adding a cover like a Hose Cozy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

I'm understanding it as perspiration due to the "underwear" comment.

Sweating at night can be caused by a lot of things. Although OSA is one cause of night sweating there are more than a dozen other reasons and some of them are serious conditions. I'm in agreement with the others, bring it up to your doc. If it is caused by OSA, that should be handled with CPAP. Perhaps a pressure adjustment is needed.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Leave the unit set to "Auto" as far as the climateline hose is concerned. Do not turn down the temperature. Close to, or especially below room temperature. shoot for at least 5 deg above room temps if rainout is a problem. If your room temp is 66, set the humidifier temp on 71. If you set the temp below room temp, it just does not come on. And does nothing to retard condensation. The ONLY thing it does is keep the tube walls warmer than the surrounding air.

Climateline (specifically the setting temperature) has nothing to do with night sweats.

Me? I keep humidification at minimum. Often time no humidification at all.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 45 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,414 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 105 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 158 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 667 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.