Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Night Sweats every night and feelings of anxiety/panic
Night Sweats every night and feelings of anxiety/panic
I am at a loss what could be causing my night sweats. They are back now every night, and when I wake up, I DON'T feel rested, even though my AHI is low. Also in the mornings, when I sit up in bed, sometimes my HR shoots up to 90-100bpm, then back down to normal 50-60bpm after a minute. I also have a slight feeling of anxiety as well like I'm going to have a panic attack. This was WORSE in the past, before I was on Multaq for AFIB.

My O2 also sometimes drops for no reason at night, then goes back up to normal when my Contec sensor wakes me up.
My doctor is doing blood work again, but all blood work in past came back negative. I'm at a loss at what type of doctor I should see next for these symptoms!

[attachment=5824]

[attachment=5825]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Night Sweats every night and feelings of anxiety/panic
Myron,
I wish I could help, but I know very little about AFIB. I do wonder if a change of medication is in order. Talk to your Cardiologist, if he isn’t responsive to your concerns, then it’s time to find a different doctor. You also appear to be suffering from anxiety which should also be discussed with your doctor.

As far as seeing a low AHI number, I’m sure you’ve heard this before....with such a high leak rate, your machine may not be able to flag Apnea events correctly, thus the AHI would not be accurate.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
MyronH
With your median leak rate being over 24 I am not sure that the machine really knows what is going on. The leaks could be altering your treatment enough to affect you. Any reason for the leaks?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure but I think i was opening my mouth even though I use a chin strap. In the middle of the night I swapped out the mask with another and then that fixed the leaks. It could be the memory foam on my Air Touch gets slightly moist and then the seal is not good. 

Anyway, my primary care doctor is doing more blood work. I also have gallstones and saw a surgeon recently and discussed my symptoms. He said he has seen people with all kinds of weird issues caused by gallstones and the gallbladder. He suggested that I get it removed, otherwise in next two years I may end up again in the ER having it removed.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply
yes the gallbladder can be a real character. My 14 year old grand daughter had hers removed and hasn't looked back.
Post Reply Post Reply
As you can see here from last night, therapy looked good, AHI 0.38 with almost no leaks. Yet I still don't feel good.
Looking at a closeup of my breathing, in the second screenshot, shows some weird breathing, or maybe difficulty breathing?

The last screenshot, shows a large breath, which always occurs at least once every 10-15min throughout the night. I breath fine, then take a large breath, then back to normal usually. 

[attachment=5851][attachment=5852]

[attachment=5853]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 2 61 10 hours ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 155 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 144 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 614 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 116 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,066 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,159 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.