Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Night and Day, physically great but feeling odd
Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first night with cpap friday. A total revalation, feal energetic strong and like my head is on a different body.

imediate and dramatic change. mask is a pain in the a** but slept thro last night.

thing is, head is strange slight headachy sensation and light headed and struggling to settle/ concentrate.

normal/ temporary or just sensoraray overload? might need a drink to calm down a bit.

cheers eddie
Post Reply Post Reply
So no one else fealing manic?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ed, sounds like a good start. If you're feeling really energetic, you could download the free SleepyHead software and take a look at the details of what the CPAP therapy looks like. It would be a great help is you could update your profile to include the machine model and settings. Congrats on the good start, and I hope it keeps meeting your expectations.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hey Ed,
I felt really similar for the first 5 days or so after starting therapy. I attributed some of the light headed feelings to increased O2 levels.(mine were going really low at night.) I'm not sure what your situation is, but I feel great now.

Analog
Best regards,

Analog
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi edfoxuk,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Your symptoms should go away after a few days, but if they persist, you might mention them to your doc.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ed, I also had a first few days of feeling almost giddy. Something about waking up and wanting to get up is so energizing. It calmed down a bit after a few days, but I keep on feeling better and better almost every day (Been on "Wheezy" for 2.5 weeks now). One thing I really notice is being awake, alert and calm. Before, to fell awake I drank a lot of coffee, or had to be really excited about something. All adrenaline and stimulants. When I was awake I was shaky. Now I feel so awake, alive and calm. All at the same time!
Post Reply Post Reply

It is all great until it becomes normal. Then we expect it every day and go back to complaining. Human nature...
For more information explore and read the wiki or just start with the link below.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success

Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help! started great, now poor rorielly 12 411 08-08-2017, 10:28 AM
Last Post: mraroid
  [Equipment] New user needs help picking ASV machine with great software. Sleepyhead? Others? gtrlum 4 199 06-27-2017, 06:24 PM
Last Post: gtrlum
  Last night not a good night Novello1234 15 588 06-26-2017, 05:44 PM
Last Post: DavePaulson
  Feeling exhausted chunchon 33 1,029 06-16-2017, 07:35 AM
Last Post: chunchon
  Great AHI....for somewone else CPAPreturnee 10 488 05-29-2017, 04:02 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  Feeling Worse Rowdy1 1 198 05-20-2017, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feeling Worse Rowdy1 4 263 05-18-2017, 08:51 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr