Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage FX
Humidifier: S9 Series H5i
CPAP Pressure: 11.4
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
RE: Night from hell
(03-06-2015 08:12 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:  Re the cramps - I have both fibromyalgia and Thomsen's syndrome (rotten genes), both of which can cause cramping, but this was something new. I'm also diabetic (type 2) which can cause magnesium to run low, so I take a supplement and eat lots of dark chocolate. (Chocolate..yummmm). I have heard of the apple cider vinegar treatment but never tried it - I wonder what the active ingredient is?

The low magnesium and fibro is a double whammy, what you want is magnesium malate. Go on Amazon and search for it, there are a ton of reviews from fibro sufferers that got help. Apple cider vinegar is some awesome stuff, if you do 2 tbsp mixed with raw apple juice every morning before you eat anything it will do wonders. Both the ACV and magnesium take months to really show good results.
03-06-2015 10:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply
Ghost1958 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PRS1 Series Sixty Auto Aflex
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson
Humidifier: PRS1 with Heated Hose
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 min 16 max
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Moderate to Severe SA Obstructive. Rapid O2 desat off the machine.

Sex: Male

RE: Night from hell
As one who has been prone to leg and side cramps as was my mom here is best things ive found to stop em. The worst are the inner thigh cramps that are almost impossible to break by stretching.

Bananas are great for cramps. Eating one or two a day helps keep them away. Bio Freeze is a quick fix once they start and will get rid of em. If all else fails a bit pinch of salt in a glass of water a day helps keep them away.

Triggers ive found is to low potassium, or sodium or both. Using inhalers or breathing treatments that use albuturol will guarantee Ill have them in a few hours.

Tried the apple cider vinegar thing but for me no joy and no difference in the cramps though other swear by it.
03-07-2015 12:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever pwgphoto 34 5,301 08-30-2016 08:36 PM
Last Post: HoustonMIke
  [Treatment] Seeing significantly different AHI numbers night to night galenaforest 4 819 02-25-2016 02:27 AM
Last Post: Dagmar1
  One night = 0 leaks, next night 30 L.....??? GrammaBear 3 731 01-28-2016 01:39 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  First night behind me - 2nd night update - mostly Centrals? worn_out_in_lebanon 19 4,455 03-21-2015 11:11 AM
Last Post: retired_guy
  0.0 Events Last Night - Night #7 Sparkle 4 1,790 01-20-2015 09:47 PM
Last Post: Sparkle
  Interesting night- Adjusted pressure part way through night dozydave 2 1,145 01-19-2015 02:46 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Confusing night last night retired_guy 11 3,246 01-16-2015 06:43 PM
Last Post: Eurika