Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Night from hell
Gross 
Night from hell
I get no sympathy from SWMBO so I'll have a whinge to my friends online...

Woke up this morning at 04:00 feeling horrible. No SWMBO beside me - Oh yeah, she's at work (night nurse). No mask on, machine turned off. I'm sure I put it on last night, but when I pressed the info button it showed only 0.2 hours use. Put the machine back on, woke up 15 minutes later with sinuses totally blocked and nose streaming. Gave up on the machine, went back to sleep. Woke up 15 minutes later with painful cramps in one leg. Tried to stretch it out but it wouldn't go away - took a handful of Panadol Osteo and went back to sleep. I had a big day at work so I didn't want to take anything stronger in case I slept in. Woke up 10 minutes later with painful cramps.. and again.. and again..

Had a big day at work - really struggled through. Colleague tells me I look like $h1te - I feel like it too.

It's bedtime now in Oz - I hope I sleep better tonight...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Night from hell
G'luck on a better night of sleep. Sometimes stress and anticipation of what awaits a "big day" at work can ruin sleep. You'll likely sleep like a log tonight. Watch the sleep meds, and make sure your potassium levels and hydration are sufficient to prevent muscle cramps. Not much else you can do, but since it's the weekend, a good stiff drink might be a proper Aussie solution. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2015, 08:59 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I get no sympathy from SWMBO so I'll have a whinge to my friends online...

Woke up this morning at 04:00 feeling horrible. No SWMBO beside me - Oh yeah, she's at work (night nurse). No mask on, machine turned off. I'm sure I put it on last night, but when I pressed the info button it showed only 0.2 hours use. Put the machine back on, woke up 15 minutes later with sinuses totally blocked and nose streaming. Gave up on the machine, went back to sleep. Woke up 15 minutes later with painful cramps in one leg. Tried to stretch it out but it wouldn't go away - took a handful of Panadol Osteo and went back to sleep. I had a big day at work so I didn't want to take anything stronger in case I slept in. Woke up 10 minutes later with painful cramps.. and again.. and again..

Had a big day at work - really struggled through. Colleague tells me I look like $h1te - I feel like it too.

It's bedtime now in Oz - I hope I sleep better tonight...

Hi DeepBreathing,

What Sleeprider said.... Unless you think it could possibly be aliens??? Then you may need that supply of aluminum foil that I have read about here on forum. Unsure
On a serious note, hope you are feeling better and remember that was just one night. By the way are those leg cramps new, or is it something you've had before?
My doc told me to watch Vitimin B levels.
Coffee
OpalRose

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
DeepBreathing,

I can empathize. Been there and done that and I have R_Gs Tshirt. Have not had leg cramps that would not go away though. I know of cyclists that take extra magnesium to prevent leg cramps.

Stay well and quit messing up your sleep. We have worked too hard to obtain good night's sleep.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
What's "SWMBO"?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2015, 08:59 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Put the machine back on, woke up 15 minutes later with sinuses totally blocked and nose streaming. Gave up on the machine, went back to sleep. Woke up 15 minutes later with painful cramps in one leg. Tried to stretch it out but it wouldn't go away - took a handful of Panadol Osteo and went back to sleep. I had a big day at work so I didn't want to take anything stronger in case I slept in. Woke up 10 minutes later with painful cramps.. and again.. and again..

i wonder if you are using any puffers right now. From experience I can tell you that some puffers like "Seretide" definitely produce leg cramps. Very painful! Two things to do. 1. Change or lose the puffer (if have) & 2. Get out of bed immediately & stand straight up. The pain will disappear.
Re: Sinuses, Your blocked nose could be caused by enlarged turbinates. In my case they were. Subsequently I had a turbinate resection done & can breathe freely now. I highly recommend this procedure if deemed necessary, by your ENT. Keep up the therapy & Good luck.

[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
I have really bad foot and lower leg cramps IF I fail to take some apple cider vinegar, usually about twice a week. I use bragg's brand but am sure that most any apple cider vinegar would do the same. I do not know what makes it work, but I can tell as soon as I have forgotten to use it for more than several days. I have my own "private" bottle and just shake it up good and take a big slug chased with pure water.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2015, 02:33 PM)novatom Wrote: What's "SWMBO"?

She who must be obeyed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hoping you have a better night!
Post Reply Post Reply
Friends, thank you for your kind words.

Last night was not a lot better (though no cramps). At least I had SWMBO with me to give me a nudge to put the mask back on.

Re the cramps - I have both fibromyalgia and Thomsen's syndrome (rotten genes), both of which can cause cramping, but this was something new. I'm also diabetic (type 2) which can cause magnesium to run low, so I take a supplement and eat lots of dark chocolate. (Chocolate..yummmm). I have heard of the apple cider vinegar treatment but never tried it - I wonder what the active ingredient is?

Nose & sinuses - there's nothing wrong structurally except a slightly deviated septum. I have a pharmacy brand inhalant (mostly nitric acid from the smell of it Smile ) and a prescribed steroid inhalant. The "nitric acid" is extremely effective but has a strong rebound effect so I have to use it sparingly. The steroid isn't as effective and I don't really like the idea of squirting steroids up my nose any more than I have to. The night I had all the problems I went to bed with a clear nose so didn't take either puffer.

Thanks everybody for taking the time to respond. I feel a lot better now!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  What the hell is waking me up ? meloveg 2 591 03-31-2023, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
Sad My life has become living hell [nose blockage] arc0509 62 10,545 07-01-2021, 01:39 AM
Last Post: arc0509
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,111 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] The first week from hell moe from Canada 10 2,316 10-01-2020, 01:13 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,342 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.