Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nightly OSCAR data
Nightly OSCAR data
Hi, new airsense 10 apap user about a week in, looking to get my numbers down and get some more restful sleep. I'll post my sleep study in a few days, currently traveling and no access, long story short avg 18 ahi in study, no centrals.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nightly OSCAR data
G'day ewags. Welcome to Apnea Board.

You chart looks pretty good, especially considering the short time you've been at it.
  • Can I suggest you turn the ramp off or at least greatly reduce the ramp period? During the ramp interval the machine can't treat apneas so you're robbing yourself of over an hour's treatment time.
  • You have a few central apnea and a bit of flow limitation - the usual advice is to reduce EPR for the centrals and increase it for the limitations. You might like to experiment with EPR and see if you can find a happy balance.
  • I'd also suggest you raise your minimum pressure a bit. With EPR at 3, that means you're really only starting at 5.0 which is probably a bit low for comfort. Bump it up to 9 and breathing should be easier and it should clear up some of the obstructive events.
Overall though, you're off to a great start!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestion, I turned off the ramp and raised pressure by 1 to min 9. Posting overall results from last night along with an example event of obstruction and clear airway. I THINK on this clear airway, I'm holding my breath while tossing and turning, any thoughts? 

Also, I'm tolerating the mask fairly well but the biggest sleep disturbance I am having is the perceived or actual moisture buildup on the dry bottom of my mask below my mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply
*inside bottom of mask (not dry)
Post Reply Post Reply
Difficult night, lots of tossing and turning, still having issue with mask drooling.  I have a few ideas that I found from google to collect the drool so it doesn't wake me up.  

My central counts were up but I have a feeling these are breath holds while being restless, how can you tell the difference between a true central and a breath hold? 

It seems that I can only post 2.93 mg total screenshots so I had to delete my earlier screenshots, is there any way to be able to continue posting daily reports? 

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
They look like genuine central apneas to me. There is a school of thought that an apnea preceded by a large intake of breath may be an artefact of tossing & turning, but I don't see that here. I'd suggest you turn EPR down to 1, or even off completely - that often reduces central apnea, which may be caused by a too-efficient ventilation of your body reducing the CO2 levels in your blood below a threshold where the brain says "breathe now!"

Luckily for me I've never had that drooling problem so I can't give you any first-hand advice. You might have better luck with a nasal mask or nasal pillows - these don't cover the mouth so if you do drool it won't matter too much. On the other hand, successful use of those masks requires you to keep your mouth closed so the air pressure coming in your nose doesn't rush out your mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, I will reduce epr tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
https://cl.ly/c03b52d307fb (link to screenshot)

dropped epr from 3 to 2, trying not to have too much drastic change, it was fairly comfortable so will change to 1 tonight. Only one night sample but centrals dropped from previous night. Still struggling with mask dampness but I think it might be humidity issues so I've turned humidifier from auto to 2 level and finished the night better.
Post Reply Post Reply
The events are moving in the right direction and your overall AHI is well within acceptable limits. However your sleep is very fragmented, and it looks like the awakenings were either caused by, or associated with, large leaks, at least in a couple of cases. So mask fit and comfort are probably the areas you want to concentrate on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's last night (https://share.getcloudapp.com/NQuZeDK2)
, I didn't take any sleep aids and also didn't get very much sleep BUT the numbers are way down. Going to keep the same settings and yes going to start focusing on comfort because insomnia has greatly increased.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 39 4 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 143 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 145 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 174 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.