Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nightmares
Nightmares
Nightmares are a frequent part of sleeping for me. As with last night, they often feature anger and frustration. Is this normal with apnea?
Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP ay 8 cm. fixed pressure.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nightmares
I get deeper longer sleep with cpap, because I can breath and don't wake up. So my dreams can play themselves out, whatever is in the subconscious realm. I don't think your nightmares are 'because' of cpap, but because of how you must be feeling. I took care of my Mom the last few years of her life and often dream about her being alive, concerned about her driving, since she lost her eyesight towards the end.

You must be angry and frustrated. With all that's been going on, who can blame you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I dream often enough, but haven't had a nightmare in a very, very long time. I do have frustrating and odd dreams. Most of them are in regards to my career that I retired from. I've been retired now for over 11 yrs., so one would think that they'd stop, or at least be less of them. 

CPAP for me, has nothing to do with my dreams. I have them whether or not I'm using my CPAP machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
For me, it feels as if the dreams are partly a reaction to the therapy - the subconscious mind rebelling against wearing a mask and having air forced in.   On the other hand, I am definitely frustrated about stuff so it is logical enough that that would play out in dreams.
Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP ay 8 cm. fixed pressure.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Use the Force... Unlearn what you have Learned... Tell yourself you love the Life saving ever present mask.. good is the mask...it is..
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
I have nightmares after watching scary shows. The Walking Dead caused horrible nightmares.

The mask didn't seem to bother me, I assume because my husband and I immediately started "resistance is futile " jokes. Definitely dumb but that's how we handle stuff.

I think that what is in your mind is more likely to impact your dreams than the machine.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obstructive sleep apnea – My Nightmares are bad. Pirate Bob 11 1,343 02-14-2022, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Pirate Bob
  apnea and nightmares Eleonoro 11 1,783 07-02-2021, 10:43 PM
Last Post: hegel
  [Symptoms] nightmares Mamie05 4 826 07-31-2020, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  Does sleep apnea cause nightmares and bad dreams? Does CPAP alleviate that? WWu777 10 2,512 05-25-2020, 05:21 AM
Last Post: WWu777
  Has CPAP helped with nightmares and "harsh awakenings"? Paptillian 12 5,241 04-12-2018, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
Sad 1am, nightmares of heart stopping keeping me awake ezdrifler 57 12,337 01-22-2016, 04:38 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
Ohmy My mask nightmares markrb 9 4,417 09-28-2013, 06:24 PM
Last Post: me50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.