Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nights not so restful I want, one or more wake up...
RE: Nights not so restful I want, one or more wake up...
Julian,

The 99% mask fit your machine is reporting indicates you were below Large Leak level 99% of the time for that session, which is good. Too many Large Leaks can affect your therapy.

Your leaks approached the level where your machine starts flagging large leaks 3 or 4 times and you had one large leak. Your Max Mask Leaks were 37cm which is too high. However, your Mask Leaks were at or below 13cm 90% of the time which is totally acceptable. While you do need to work on your leaks a little they aren't too bad and shouldn't affect your therapy as long as they don't affect your sleep.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank's for your ansers.

First night, a bit difficult for me when pressure rise at 6.  Leaks increase...
However, I think feel better this morning, perhaps.

No enougt time to look at SleepyHead, just DS displays:
- 8h
- mask fit: 95%
- AHI: 2.0

nota: my mask specification:
[Image: RfhblVi.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2017, 03:17 AM)Julien Wrote: No enougt time to look at SleepyHead, just DS displays:
- 8h
- mask fit: 95%
- AHI: 2.0

SleepyHead displays:
- AHI = 1,51 Thinking-about
- Hypopnea Index = 1,51
- RERA = 0,13
Post Reply Post Reply
Bye DreamStation, Hi AirSense 10, in the hope for a better sleep.

Ok, very low AHI vs DS, but big heartbeats this night.
Why AS10 increased pressure without apnea event ? Could you explain me, please ?

[Image: WmLrmzD.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
The AirSense increases pressure in reaction to Flow limitations to stop apneas before they develop.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your results were better on the Dreamstation Auto than the Pro at fixed pressure, but the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset will nearly always produce better results as it did here for you. If you are using the ramp function (starting pressure 4.0), I encourage you to turn that off because it can keep you from getting a good mask fit when starting. You seem to be sensitive to pressure, but need 6.0 to 7.0 cm-H2O to control the events. You appear to be using 1-cm exhale pressure relief (EPR), and that probably increases comfort.

The ideal treatment raises pressure BEFORE you have apnea. That is what the Resmed does. It also keeps the pressure elevated until your respiration volume and flow have stabilized. This is more effective as you can see.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Happy to read your analyzes  this morning.
AS10 could become my promising new CPAP.

During last nignt, I tried wihtout EPR, the confort was same perhaps better.
Tonight I'll try wiht no ramp Shy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First 2 nights Narcil 0 60 Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Narcil
  A Tale of Two Nights Everlong 0 77 04-08-2024, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Everlong
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 324 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Wake up very early circa 4AM with bad headache, any help appreciated. new2paphopeful 1 144 03-30-2024, 05:48 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 321 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 263 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 592 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.