Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No AHI info/ Tag displays "BRICK! :("
No AHI info/ Tag displays "BRICK! :("
Just started using my new CPAP and imported a few days of day into Oscar. Every looks fine except that the AHI & Total Time in Apnea sections have no values.

If I look at a daily report, the top left section where the AHI# should be in that orange field (basing this seeing screenshots others posted in this forum) reads as "BRICK! Sad".   The bottom part of the screen reads "I'm very sorry your machine doesn't record useful data to graph in Daily view Sad" and then "Compliance Only Sad"

When I go to the MyAir website for ResMed,  It shows a nightly value of 4 or under in the Events section.

Any suggestions to get the AHI & TTIA values into Oscar?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No AHI info/ Tag displays "BRICK! :("
Exactly what model are you using. On the lower right side below the control knob is the word Resmed. Under that is CPAP, Elite or Autoset. What is yours?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is a ResMed AirSense10 CPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a brick. Try to exchange it for an Autoset.  The DME is fattening his profits at your expense. No data, no auto pressure adjustment. This machine only tracks use information and can't event distinguish what kind of events occur. If you just can't get the exchange complain to your doctor and get the script changed to Auto CPAP or specifically the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. If your doctor is who dispensed the machine you're screwed.

It's a bit late, but please read our guide on CPAP choices - read this before you accept a new machine. Just so you know, the Autoset can be purchased new from online supplier for $539 and even ApriaDirect sells it for $575. The machine you got costs about $100 less but the difference goes straight to profit is this was an insurance claim. Complain loudly!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try returning this machine and ask for the AirSense 10 Autoset.  This advice was given to you in your prior thread.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid387265
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
they made a ton of money on you.  That is the cheapest of all the Airsense 10 machines, your DME gets paid the same for that as they do for the most expensive.  
Some questions for you.  How are you paying for this machine?

IMHO take it back.  

otherwise you will have this machine for the life of the machine, about 5 years or 15,000 hours.
You want need detailed data so you or your medical team can evaluate what is happening.  Neither your doctor, you, us, your medical team can do so with that model.

Fire the DME! you have a choice of which DME you use, and I would say that you just lost faith in this DME having your interest at heart at all.  I would expect them to manage your account in such a way as they will maximize profit at your expense.

Tell your doctor how disappointed you are with what you received and you want to get a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, or the AutoSet for her variant from a different DME.

You can see which DME works with your insurance and by calling your insurance, then calling the DMEs and asking if they carry ResMed AutoSets because you need a new AutoSet.

You got the idea.  We have your back.

It is likely that you can get a new AutoSet for about half what your current DME is charging you, often it's roughly the same as your deductible.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Funny thing is that I kept notes since this process took over 8 months from the initial doc appt last Sept. At the time the order was being placed, I did have it in my notes that the rep was getting me an Autoset.

Just spoke with DME (25 min of irritation) today & asked for an swap from CPAP to AutoSet... told them that I need detailed data that I can look at, share with my doc, etc. They tried to convince me that clinical data was not accessible to the patient. When I started talking about details I could access on an Autoset but not a CPAP, they told me they are professionals & people gave me the wrong info. They pushed the MyAir website on me & kept stating that they can't send me one since my pressure is at 10 & the AutoSet requires a 2 pressure setting... I am not sure what this means. I have the current machine at 5.4/10  .

She kept saying I'm not getting it & they can not send me one. I didn't want to alienate her since she already was irritated that she had to "check with the technical team" if what I wanted was possible. I have to deal with her again so I politely told her I'd speak with my doc & get a new prescription for the Autoset.

My understanding is that just like the CPAP, the Autoset has an initial low & high setting but the machine then auto regulates these 2 settings accordingly??

Can you explain what this 2 pressure setting on the AutoSet the rep was referring to?  This way I have a complete pic when talking to my doc who is hard to reach since most of hours are in the hospital due to Covid. So I will need to deal with his secretary. Hoping to see if I can get an email & email him directly. I just want to give a laundry list of reasons for the Autoset & hoping he doesn't give me the same excuse that the CPAP is just fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure what this means: "I have the current machine at 5.4/10 ." This is not possible in a CPAP model; they only use a single pressure.

If your prescription has two pressures given, you should have gotten an Autoset. The other possibility is tht the 5.4 is a 'starting ramp' pressure - but I have never head of a doctor mentioning that in a prescription.

Can you take a photo of your prescription (identification blacked out!) for us to review. You may have been given the wrong (cheaper) machine.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
On a ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP model, the detailed clinical data is not available to your doctor, or anyone else!  
Seeing a copy of your prescription is a good idea.  You do have a copy, right?
(You want to make sure you have a physical copy of your prescription and full copies of your sleep tests, not just the summaries, in your personal files. On your computer is fine, but not on someone else's, is ok

Ask your doctor for a prescription that specifies the ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset + heated hose DAW (Dispense as written).  That forces the hands on the DME.  We prefer to have the choice of change so without the DAW you have more flexibility.

The CPAP is a single pressure machine so it can be set as "10"
The AutoSet is capable of a pressure range (7-12) or (5.4-10) but can also be set in CPAP mode with a single pressure of 10 the same as the CPAP model.

Do call your insurance company and ask what other DME's you can work with.  Call them and talk to them.  IMHO you need need to leave this DME in your dust.  Walk carefully for now, but that has to be your endgame.

Sleeprider said

Quote:It's a bit late, but please read our guide on CPAP choices - read this before you accept a new machine. Just so you know, the Autoset can be purchased new from online supplier for $539 and even ApriaDirect sells it for $575. The machine you got costs about $100 less but the difference goes straight to profit is this was an insurance claim. Complain loudly!
The point is we can point you to reliable suppliers that will charge you a lot less for an autoset than you will likely pay for the CPAP at this DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
Change your DME, he's a clown.

My first DME wanted me to sell me the hose , sdcard and mask separated of the machine. He was telling me it's not included blablabla.

I told to the doc I don't want to work with this dme and doc told me he just work with this DME.

I changed doc and now I can choose between all dme in my country, already tried lots of stuff for free, I ask to try something the next day it's in my letter box.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curious if ResVent Tidal Volume displays seem correct TechieHippie 4 264 02-25-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Thumbsdown DreamStation 2 Session Info - Phantom Disconnects Wizard99 24 2,508 10-02-2023, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Missing Datalog info - bad SD card or something else? q49q49 4 796 06-01-2023, 07:17 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Oscar not showing info from a Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her CavemanSean 7 803 04-28-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: CavemanSean
  O2 Ring data on a Mac - INFO Cuppa 6 762 12-11-2022, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  Request: OSCAR displays Vauto PS even when in S mode SevereApnea 3 587 04-16-2021, 10:36 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Update problem: no info re pressure settings Dormeo 11 1,573 01-08-2021, 09:32 PM
Last Post: newmar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.