Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No AHI info/ Tag displays "BRICK! :("
RE: No AHI info/ Tag displays "BRICK! :("
The DME does not get a lump sum from insurance. They are paid over 13 months then you own it - until then they still own it.

With that in mind what happens if you take it back to the supplier and tell the insurance it has been returned. Then go to another supplier with the RX?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Stubby, just to check, on the back of the machine is a silver label. At the top center of that label is a REF number. What does yours say?
37203 is CPAP (BRICK)
37027 is CPAP with Heated Tube (BRICK)
37205 is Elite
37206 is Elite with heated tube
37209-37210 is Autoset for Her
37208-37209 is Autoset

If you got the CPAP then the best move is to talk to the doctor to get the prescription changed to Autoset so you have the data and the machine can make adjustments as your pressure needs change. I think the DME is a waste of time and if they balk at filling your new prescription, return your machine and use a different supplier. Leave them appropriate feedback on the internet. I assume that 5.4 is the starting pressure for Ramp. If it is minimum pressure then I'm confused as that may imply Autoset.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not like this is the first time a DME's clueless on what machine to issue or trying to setup the wrong machine. Do contact the doc and get it straightened out.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I stated my machine is "5.4/10" I meant the initial pressure is 5.4 & ramps to 10 (pardon if I got the lingo wrong)

Sleeprider answered my question-- The AutoSet is capable of a pressure range (7-12) or (5.4-10) but can also be set in CPAP mode with a single pressure of 10 the same as the CPAP model.

I assume that the 2-pressure the DME was referring to was a pressure range. But now that I know the Autoset can be set in CPAP mode, that should counter any "you don't know how these machines work" argument.

The doc & assistant are back in the office tomorrow so I will request a copy of prescription & full copies of sleep tests which I can just pick up quickly. The assistant is good & I will see if she can just get the doc to revise the script to "ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset + heated hose DAW " or have doc call me.

I'll call my insurance today see if they can provide a list of other DME that I can supply my doc.

Worse case scenario, I'll try to get the earliest appt with a new doc after I speak to my doc & see if they can amend the script and work with a new DME.

If this spills over into next week w/o resolution, I'll just return the current CPAP & get an Autoset out of pocket.

Will keep you updated. THANK YOU everyone for your advice!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Perfect, that sounds like a great plan of attack.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider listed a number of different models above. ALL of those models, including your "beloved" (Sarcastic flag off) have the same billing code, The DME gets paid the same for any of them and you pay, via insurance, the same for any of them.

No matter what, we are here to help you through this nightmare.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to add to what Gideon said, CPAP machines and supplies are billed using an HCPCS insurance code. All CPAP machines, fixed pressure or auto are E0601. Here is a list FYI. As you can see, the supplier breaks out everything for billing. By giving you a CPAP they bill E0601+E0562+A7046+A048+A7034 (CPAP, Humidifier, Humidity Chamber, Filter, Nasal mask) and anything else. When you exchange, you will get an E0601 in exchange for an E0601. You can keep everything else and it will work with the new machine. Many companies don't even dispense the CPAP because they would rather have a satisfied customer and avoid returns than make that extra $100. this just shows you where their business ethic is at. CPAP is a budget machine and does not help the patient, doctor or the supplier. If there is a problem, there is no way to identify it without another sleep study. It's a really dumb idea, but it is there specifically to improve profit margins.

E0601 CPAP Machine
A7034 CPAP nasal mask
A7032 CPAP nasal mask cushion
A7030 CPAP Full Face mask
A7031 CPAP Full Face mask cushion
A7044 CPAP Full Oral Interface
A7046 CPAP Humidifier Chamber
A7037 CPAP tubing, long and short hoses
A7038 CPAP disposable filter
A7039 CPAP foam filter
A7035 CPAP headgear
A7033 CPAP replacement nasal pillows
A7036 CPAP chinstrap
E0561 CPAP Passover Humidifier
E0562 CPAP Heated Humidifier
E0470 BiPAP Machine
E0471 BiPAP-ST
A4604 Integrated Heated CPAP Tube
K0553 Oral/Nasal (Hybrid) Mask
K0554 Oral Cushion for Hybrid Mask
K0555 Nasal Cushion for Hybrid Mask
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sticker ref# is 37088

Summary…

Going with a new doc & new DME. Insurance was fine with it all & said to use the current machine until I get the new one.

Got curious & called up ResMed today as well. I’m sure they are reading off a script. They said that all the AirSense 10 models now write the full data on to the SD card so getting the AutoSet would still only show the basic compliance data that I am already getting via OSCAR but not AHI & such. Only a doc or dealer can access the full data of the card with ResScan or AirView.  Have either of them email you the data Hammer  

I'm sure the new doc may also question why I'm swapping over to the AutoSet so just reconfirming that the AutoSet SD card detailed data can still be read via Oscar or if ResMed now blocks end users from detailed data like AHI & such.

Details if you want…

As I was calling my doc ofc this morning for a new script , I was looking through my mail... jury duty notice! 3 mins of ringing & no answer... the call just cut off. Went out to enjoy the cool breeze smacking me on my face while I call my doc again & a damn bug flew into my mouth. After the choking was handled, I went back to the call & phone was still ringing after 2 mins! Went to the gym & was shamed by one of the Golden Girls because my mask slipped below my nose while squatting. I called my doc back after the gym, standing next to my car, re-enjoying  the cool breeze smacking me on my face &  a bird pooped on my head. I just lost it!!  Angry  I took it as a sign, just said f**k it & called a new doc up when I got home.

The new doc ofc said it may take some time to get sleep results + former doc’s notes. 1st appt opening is in May but he said because everything is already done & just a script is needed, he will ask if the doc can do a quick visit. He said the new doc will want to see my current machine.. no big deal.

I also called my insurance & the rep said they hear plenty of stories of DME. Like Sleeprider & Gideon previously mentioned, the charge is to the same generic code & they don’t see make/models. The insurance rep became really helpful when I started showing off with insurance codes ? They said to just continue with the current machine until the new machine is in hand. As I am showing compliance & a doc is ok to prescribe a new machine, they don’t care.

Out of curiosity, I looked up my current DME on Better Business Bureau-  rating of “F”. Dodgy   I do want to call my (former) doc & mention how bad the DME was… but no one picks up now.  I was going to not waste time but realized I should inform them as this will likely happen to someone who may not have the knowledge this forum gave me. Will do it once I return the old machine & get the new one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well now you know. Research and research again. You have my sympathy on this. I too had to learn what to look for in good vs bad DME's. Just don't repeat.

PS I think your old doc's office had the radar on about an incoming call from you. They took a vacation.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad this is working out. I am not aware of any Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, Autoset for her or Elite that does not have full efficacy data that can be read by Oscar. Your machine is indeed the CPAP model (brick). Here is a more complete list of model numbers https://document.resmed.com/documents/ar...er_eng.pdf

I admire your determination to withstand all the adversity, poop, bugs and arrogant exercise girl to get this done. Your story will help others facing the same issues, and it sounds like the insurance contact was the most encouraging. Mind saying what company?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curious if ResVent Tidal Volume displays seem correct TechieHippie 4 264 02-25-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Thumbsdown DreamStation 2 Session Info - Phantom Disconnects Wizard99 24 2,507 10-02-2023, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Missing Datalog info - bad SD card or something else? q49q49 4 796 06-01-2023, 07:17 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Oscar not showing info from a Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her CavemanSean 7 803 04-28-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: CavemanSean
  O2 Ring data on a Mac - INFO Cuppa 6 762 12-11-2022, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  Request: OSCAR displays Vauto PS even when in S mode SevereApnea 3 587 04-16-2021, 10:36 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Update problem: no info re pressure settings Dormeo 11 1,573 01-08-2021, 09:32 PM
Last Post: newmar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.