Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No AHI info/ Tag displays "BRICK! :("
RE: No AHI info/ Tag displays "BRICK! :("
(03-31-2021, 01:03 PM)Stubby Wrote: I'm sure the new doc may also question why I'm swapping over to the AutoSet so just reconfirming that the AutoSet SD card detailed data can still be read via Oscar or if ResMed now blocks end users from detailed data like AHI & such.

The politically correct answer is " So you, and I, can have access to the detailed data should questions arise".
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2021, 04:58 PM)Gideon Wrote: The politically correct answer is " So you, and I, can have access to the detailed data should questions arise".

The correct answer is " My previous doc didn't have an account on w w w apneaboard dot com". Dancing
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2021, 04:58 PM)Gideon Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 01:03 PM)Stubby Wrote: I'm sure the new doc may also question why I'm swapping over to the AutoSet so just reconfirming that the AutoSet SD card detailed data can still be read via Oscar or if ResMed now blocks end users from detailed data like AHI & such.

The politically correct answer is " So you, and I, can have access to the detailed data should questions arise".

Not only that, but it is motivating to see positive results from using this therapy, and frankly, the hours of use isn't much motivation. If problems come up, then the data can save the cost and inconvenience of a sleep study.  Why wouldn't every machine have this capability?  A patient has the right to be an active participant in his health, and in this case, insurance (the payer) agrees.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will post the current DME name once I return my current machine.

New doc ofc called this morning & set appt for last week in Apr. They said they can squeeze me in this coming Mon but I have a conflict. They already got all the lab results & just waiting on notes from my current doc. The asst reviewed the notes from the conversation I had with the nurse yesterday and seem to understand what I was asking for. Seems like a well-oiled office.

She did mention that the doc may challenge the swap. Without being confrontational, here are the reasons I will present for the swap… pls chime in if you got something:
  • I am NOT self-diagnosing but just using the detailed data to efficiently sleep & complement my power lifting & a high stress job. I track basically everything in detail & need to quantify things as I plan my workouts & sleep schedule accordingly.

• Additionally, doc & I can discuss any issues in detail. I can notice any bad trend & bring it to the doc's attention. I don't ever want to be hospitalized again due to sleep induced health issue. W/O going into detail I was in the ICU for a week during the lock down due no workouts, staying in all day, 70-80 hr weeks & already little to no deep sleep... doc said I almost took a dirt nap.

• Have access to a 3rd party software that can read the data from the AutoSet model. I may bring some screen shots to show her.

• Current CPAP model is considered a brick & does not display detailed that I will be looking at every 3 days or so.

• ResMed Sleep Score is of no use to my lifestyle. At the end of the day, I need to worry about long term compliance. That act of downloading & analyzing data invests me into the machine.
    Hoping the doc sees me as an engaging patient & is willing to work with me.
  • I’ve already cleared everything with my insurance.
  • (if doc pushes that I don’t need Autoset)… Others have confirmed that the AutoSet model does allow for data viewing from 3rd party software. If it turns out that the AutoSet doesn’t allow for data viewing as well, I’m in the same position just as before so no harm.
Post Reply Post Reply
In addition to the above, the Autoset allows for two different automatic pressure modes. Both work to comfortably deliver the pressure you need as your needs subtly change through the night due to sleep position, health (congestion or allergy) and even weather. The Resmed provides a number of comfort features including EPR which works like a bilevel pressure machine. With the CPAP model there is no way to assess the impact of EPR on your therapy or compensate for the up to 3-cm drop in pressure during exhale, while with the Autoset, the automatic pressure function can mitigate the drop in pressure from using EPR and maintain respiratory flow and efficacy. Finally, sleep disordered breathing is more than just counting apnea and hypopnea, and with the Autoset you can track flow limitation, respiratory tidal volume, minute vent and rate and use that information to improve how you feel or identify a problem that may not be reflected in AHI alone.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I must have the same machine because I got all excited about interpreting data and got the same Brick message. I have been using it since late 2017 and have since switched from company insurance to Medicare as a retiree. All I can retrieve is compliance data. The sleep center was in Texas and I live in Virginia now, so perhaps it is time to start over.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curious if ResVent Tidal Volume displays seem correct TechieHippie 4 307 02-25-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Thumbsdown DreamStation 2 Session Info - Phantom Disconnects Wizard99 24 2,630 10-02-2023, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Missing Datalog info - bad SD card or something else? q49q49 4 827 06-01-2023, 07:17 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Oscar not showing info from a Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her CavemanSean 7 833 04-28-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: CavemanSean
  O2 Ring data on a Mac - INFO Cuppa 6 800 12-11-2022, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  Request: OSCAR displays Vauto PS even when in S mode SevereApnea 3 597 04-16-2021, 10:36 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Update problem: no info re pressure settings Dormeo 11 1,594 01-08-2021, 09:32 PM
Last Post: newmar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.