Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No Cpap and Sleepyhead [help with Oxygen & Pulse readings]
No Cpap and Sleepyhead [help with Oxygen & Pulse readings]
Brand new here so I apologize in advance for ignorance. 
My son (10 yrs old) is going for a split study Wednesday. He had a sleep study last year and said he has apnea but we did some other testing prior to jumping onto Cpap bandwagon. It's now recommending that he get a bipap and not cpap, but we will know more when we go Wednesday. His oxygen drops all the time during the day and the night, but not for long periods usually. Some last several minutes while others last seconds, but they are pretty frequent. 

Is sleepyhead accurate without a cpap? I'm reading the tutorial so still have a lot to learn, but am so lost. It looks like the sleepyhead graph just clones everything over and over and the dates are not right - I've checked in settings and it looks fine there.  Can I still use sleepyhead to look at specific events without a machine? Right now it's loading from an oximeter: cms50f

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No Cpap and Sleepyhead
Hi kasiahbug,

Do you have a copy of the Sleep Study that was done on your son from last year?  If you do, you could post it here for review.  See the link in my signature line for using the attachment feature.

As far as SleepyHead, in order to see specific events, your son would need to be hooked up to a Cpap, then you use the SD card to upload the data to SleepyHead.  Once your son has a machine, we can take a look and advise if you like.

Be sure the machine has an SD card or you can purchase one anywhere.

Once his study is done on Wednesday and read by a doctor, ask for a copy of it and also get a copy of the prescription.

Keep us updated.   Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have the sleep study -- he's had several and I have others that were more normal - The only info I have is 
 Mild obstructive sleep apnea diagnosed via NPSG in 4/12/2017 showing AHI of 5.4, CAHI of 1.82 and SpO2 nadir of 90% with TcPCO2 ranging at 39 mmHg and peak TcPCO2 of 41 mmHg. Arousal index of 7.7

He's gone downhill this last year with a lot of O2 drops and amnesia events that they believe are from hypoxia. His PCP, cardologist, geneticist and now sleep Dr all think he has a condition called ROHHAD Syndrome but trying to get a firm diagnosis - it is in his charts as of last week though. 

So, from what I gather, sleepyhead isn't great until we get a machine? Is it even worth looking over? 
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m sorry to hear that your son (and you) are going through a tough time. It sounds like you are on top of things and pushing for the correct diagnosis.

Right now, you can still keep tabs on the Oxygen levels and heart rate on SleepyHead, but until your son starts using a machine, there is no way to see individual Apnea events.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your help -- I can't even seem to figure out the individual oxygen and pulse episodes either... at this point, that's all I want to see. Not even sure why because we know they are happening.
Post Reply Post Reply
V
(05-06-2018, 02:21 PM)kasiahbug Wrote: Thanks for your help -- I can't even seem to figure out the individual oxygen and pulse episodes either... at this point, that's all I want to see. Not even sure why because we know they are happening.

I changed (added) to the title of your thread so as to draw more attention. Also moved to main forum.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No Cpap and Sleepyhead [help with Oxygen & Pulse readings]
There is software that goes with the oximeter that may be more helpful in this situation. You can find it with Supplier #19. You have to do some light digging in their website to find it, though.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,223 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,844 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 686 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 204 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 476 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 675 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 231 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.