Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No Data on SD Card
No Data on SD Card
I have a ResMed CPAP machine. Not sure what the model number is but on the back both units are labeled IPX1. The controls side says S9 and the water compartment side says H5i.
Anyway when I insert the SD card I get a brief indication that says "Reading SD card". When I try to import the data to my Res Scan software on my PC it says no data. If I look at the contents of the SC card using windows explorer it confirms that the disc is empty.

Any idea why the card is not storing data?

Thanks,
Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No Data on SD Card
Have you checked whether the write protect is on or off? There should be a tiny litle white switch on the side. One position will be on (which means, it will not allow any data to be written to it) and the other position will be off.
Post Reply Post Reply
What does your machine say right above the On/Off button to the left of the LCD on the blower unit? It should say one of the following things:
  • Escape
    Elite
    AutoSet
    AutoSet for Her
    Auto Escape (or maybe it's Escape Auto. I can't remember the order)
That phrase indicates the model of the unit you are using.

Next, the S9's are quite finicky about the SD cards. I believe that it needs to be an SD card and not one of the newer, more common SDHD cards. So check to make sure that you're not using and SDHD card.

If the S9 wants to reformat the card when you insert it, let it do that. If there are any files on the card that the S9 did not write to the card, it will not use the card unless the S9 is allowed to reformat everything.

If the S9 was used to reformat the card in the past, but you use a Mac or Windows 8 (or later) computer to read the data, the computer operating system will write hidden files to the SD card if the Lock switch is set to the UNLOCKED position. So when you are reading the data, make sure you LOCK the card before inserting into your computer.

If the SD card is LOCKED when it is put into the S9, that may prevent the S9 from writing data to the card. So you also need to get into the habit of remembering to UNLOCK the card before you put it back into the machine.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jamr005,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 503 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 670 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  My DME cant import my emailed SD card data, can I export all days to a pdf? ImAlwaysTiredd 7 723 12-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.