Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No Detailed Information on ResMed
No Detailed Information on ResMed
I downloaded the ResMed program and it does not seem to give quite as detailed information as Sleepyhead. I have an s9 autoset . Sleepyhead gives a long strip which if clicked on shows your event graphically and drills down on it. I don't see this kind of graph on ResMed. I like this feature because it shows graphically one hyponeas as a sort of flatish long line.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No Detailed Information on ResMed
Lukie, I always stick with one even though I downloaded both, I find Sleepyhead easy to follow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Up until recently, I have not used SlepyHead but now I don,t bother with Resscan but just have to figure how to generate reports
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you mean ResScan doesn't show detailed data?

[Image: zpnk.png]

[Image: lo88.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2013, 10:04 PM)DOOM_NX Wrote: What do you mean ResScan doesn't show detailed data?
What Lucky saying "does not seem to give quite as detailed information as Sleepyhead", for example resscan does not show tidal volume graph on the autoset but SleepyHead does

Edit: Understanding the charts in SleepyHead by robysue (post #7)
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...2#pid51832
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, ResScan might not show the Tidal Volume graph, but it shows the Minute Ventilation which is Tidal Volume * Respiratory Rate Tongue

But, I'm pretty sure the OP wasn't referring to the total number of graphs. She specifically mentioned flat long lines that illustrate apnea events. Maybe she hasn't discovered it yet?

EDIT: Perhaps the most useful graph that is missing from ResScan is Mask Pressure. At least it is for me. It can help you identify some of the unknown apneas.

[Image: a7d3.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Lukie,

When you down load the data in to ResScan you have to make sure All available data is selected as shown page 14 of the guide http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf in order to get all the graphs that people talk about here.

If you poke around, there is a way to make All available data the default setting for the download diaglog box.
Post Reply Post Reply
This what robysue referring to download all available data
[Image: attachment.php?aid=60]
post #2 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ersion-4-3

DreamDiver ResScan tutorial http://apneaboard.com/resscan.htm
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2013, 11:18 PM)DOOM_NX Wrote: Perhaps the most useful graph that is missing from ResScan is Mask Pressure. At least it is for me. It can help you identify some of the unknown apneas.

Hi DOOM_NX,

In ResScan, I think the "Pressure" and the "High Rate Pressure" waveforms both refer to Mask Pressure. (In other words, the pressure dropped across the hose has already been subtracted out.)

--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Vaughn,

AutoSet doesn't have a High Rate Pressure graph -- I think it's specific to VPAP Adapt and the like.

The pressure graph in ResScan seems to be the target therapy pressure set by the algorithm, not the actual circuit pressure measured by a sensor. Mask Pressure in SleepyHead shows every little change in the circuit pressure, which is useful.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Started CPAP treatment - Would like advice on my sleep study and OSCAR information Mythique 27 2,795 01-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Information About Knightbridge Dual Chin Strap - IMPORTANT cmpman1974 0 441 12-13-2023, 12:31 AM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 481 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Humidifier - Basic information nobody writes about fotjon 1 602 10-15-2023, 02:52 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Question about how AirSense 10 acquires information. paulag1955 5 455 10-07-2023, 04:25 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Detailed data report on airsense 11 silverdr 2 1,348 08-25-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: silverdr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.