Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No Doctor; am I screwing something up?
No Doctor; am I screwing something up?
[attachment=8767]Hi Apnea Board members;

I've been using a Philips Respironics Dreamstation for over a year now. I purchased it because I was a very loud snorer and my wife said I'd sometimes stop breathing. 

When I told my Dr, she referred me to the sleep clinic, which gave me an at home test. It was a disaster! Twice, I had corrupted results(?), so on the third attempt, I simply went out and purchased a machine that has an automatic pressure detector. 

I've been using the ACPAP machine for over a year and my wife doesn't hear me snore anymore, and I feel great. But recently, I heard it's a really bad idea to just get a machine, so I thought I'd dig into some of the data, which is where I found this board and SleepyHead software. Problem is, I can't make heads or tails of the data yet. 

Was hoping someone could interpret what I pulled down and let me know if there's anything really serious I should worry about. 

Thanks guys, understand that none of this is licensed medial advice, but would appreciate any input you may have.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No Doctor; am I screwing something up?
If you post a daily chart it helps. But from the looks of things your doing great. Sometimes taking things into your own hands works out better.

Welcome to apnea board.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you were to ask some DME's, RT's (respiratory techs), and Duck doctors, you're a real bad hombre, possibly even a criminal, for buying a CPAP and attempting to administer self-treatment. You're fortunate you didn't get yourself killed or have a lung explode. (note sarcasm font not currently active; it's broken for some reason)

Says I? Kudos on taking care of the need. Well-done

Backing up Walla Walla's suggestion, post the daily chart and then more, and better informed, responses will follow. And chart class 101 can commence at that time as well, which I am still a student.

Coffee

PS Insomnianiac welcome to Apnea Board.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=8774][attachment=8773][attachment=8772][attachment=8771][attachment=8770]

Thanks so much for responding Walla Walla.

Here's what I think you meant by Daily...would appreciate any further insight you may have. THANK YOU!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your results are great, but you could do even better! :-)

Your median pressure is 9.20, but your min is 4. That would be great to have access to the average median pressure over 1 month, it is available on the main page of sleepyhead.

I would increase the min pressure to 9, because Philips Dreamstation is slow to response in the event of apnea/Snoring, so you would liek to give it a head start.
By doing so, this will help you lower all the events of flow limitation that you are facing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations.  You are approaching your treatment in a rational way.  Stay on CPAP until a sleep study confirms that you do not have apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,713 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 523 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 329 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 785 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  Doctor ordered a CPAP sleep study melody 11 898 11-12-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.