Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

"No Mask" Nasal Pillows
"No Mask" Nasal Pillows
I just saw an advertisement on television (U.S.) for a CPAP device. It is touted as nasal pillows that do not require headgear.
I use a FFM, but out of curiosity, I went to the website. (Not allowed to post that website here.)
Anyway, the nasal "puffs", as they call them, are not held to your nose by headgear, but rather by a support attached to a mouthpiece. The idea is that headgear is not needed, thus more comfortable than current devices.
I don't know if anyone has tried these, but if not, I am sure a someone will eventually show up here on the forum that has.
They also claim it help mouth breathers keep their mouth closed. Being an incorrigible mouth breather, I am skeptical.
There is no price given on the website, only that for 9.95 USD it is available for a 30 day trial.
If you are considering trying this, be advised it is available from other suppliers, probably at a much better price than the one on television. It is called the CPAP Pro.
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: "No Mask" Nasal Pillows
Just search for "CPAP Pro" and you'll see a bunch of threads about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2014, 01:13 PM)JohnNJ Wrote: Just search for "CPAP Pro" and you'll see a bunch of threads about it.
Yeah, doesn't surprise me. I don't use anything like that so it wasn't on my radar.
The "AS SEEN OF TV" advertisement implies this is something new and revolutionary.
Thanks.
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like the TapPap.

It has a boil and bite mouthpiece so doesn't need head gear.

I strongly prefer (something like) the minimalist Resmed Airfit P10 nasal pillows with a simple strap for headgear. Leaves almost no marks even after 8-9 hours and I don't really even notice it during the night.

Side sleeping works fine. If you can keep your mouth closes (even by strap or taping) and your nose open it is extremely effective and comfortable.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I recall seeing a discussion of the "No Mask" and the user was not happy with the quality of the tubing. It didn't last.

The advertisement makes it seem as if this is the only product that's an alternative to the traditional mask, but there are in fact many other types of nasal pillows masks, as well as other types of masks that are smaller and more comfortable than traditional nasal masks.

The phrase "let the buyer beware" applies here as well as everywhere.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting that the website doesn't require a script in order to obtain the device. The $9.95 come-on price seems reasonable for a 30-day trial; but the additional $145 cost (if you decide to keep it) seems somewhat steep for what you are getting.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's the other complaint about the no-mask, it's very expensive.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,765 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,080 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,225 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 391 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.