Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No Prescription Needed?
RE: No Prescription Needed?
why is it off topic....the OP was discussing the option of buying a mask in piece parts vs a prescription. I was not being "cavalier" and certainly not "advertising"...just trying to help some folks who might like some confidence that putting together the pieces isn't rocket science. It should be obvious that if someone is adjusting their xPAP themselves (which seems to be a consistent response to many threads on this forum) or acquiring some mask that differs from their doctors prescription, they are flying on their own. Buying anything on EBAY has it's own set of risks....buying from Amazon also has it's own set of risks....trying a new mask has risks too...prescription or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No Prescription Needed?
I found it easier to have Medicare pay for the Dreamwear stuff and buy the Swift stuff myself. Trying to alternate was just a nightmare. The Dreamwear nasal cushions are much more expensive.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,518 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 119 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,062 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  help needed teamarliss 7 290 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 278 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.