Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No display Phillips Respironics system one
No display Phillips Respironics system one
My display is aways blank on my Phillips system one machine. The back light comes on but no words are shown. I want to be able to look at setting but cant. I am suspecting this was locked after I purchased it, because I did see the menu during the demo. How do I get the words to appear?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No display Phillips Respironics system one
? impossible, methinks that that can happens, but press the big button and the little triangle button together for five seconds, and your configuration menu should come up, and you can lock or unlock everything from there - if it doesn't, then something is seriously wrong with your machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I seen that it a you tube video also. When I press those two buttons the backlight comes on, and I hear a beep, but no words at all. I was just curious if it was locked somehow, or something was broken.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you don't push the buttons do you get a display, or not? If you never have anything on the display at all, then something is wrong, plain and simple - even a locked device will display basic info, and four sections in the main display - therapy, settings, info and AFlex or Cflex. These are basic patient mode displays, and if they don't show, it is not due to any DME locking. Take it back for servicing in that case.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like a bad display. If you're not under warranty with the DME you might want to inquire about repair costs at Supplier #27.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2015, 12:21 PM)Chopedluke Wrote: I was just curious if it was locked somehow, or something was broken.
I say broken, just checked, there is no such setting in the clinical menu
Take the machine back, ask for replacement or refund, where did you get the machine from?

You might try unplugging the machine and plugging it back in if you have not done so already
Inspect the power supply cord and pushed in the back of the machine

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Chopedluke,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
If you haven’t had your machine that long, you might take it back to the place where you got it.
Good luck to you with getting your machine problem straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
There's no configuration that blanks the display. There might be one to turn off the light, but I'm not sure.

The display on PRS1 is really awful. It can be hard to read in some light conditions and at certain angles. Look at it in a well lit room, and move around and look at it at different angles. Probably not your problem, but worth checking.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only lights can that be turned off is the humidifier and ramp light.

If you haven't yet tried to reset the machine, unplug unit, wait a few minutes and plug back in.

If display still is not lit, then I would return the machine.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did anything happen when you turned the dial? Pressing it turns the machine on and off. I have no backlight until I turn the dial and select the proper section I want to open. Did you read your manual?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,603 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,031 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,000 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 369 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 201 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.