Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No event recorded by Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto but...
No event recorded by Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto but...
I woke up with an adrenaline rush this morning, like I typically do because of sleep apnea. Where I am so awake that I can't go back to sleep. I'll have to lay there for a couple of hours before I get real sleepy again. But it seems so odd that an event is not being recorded in some of these instances.
Is there some evidence of my breathing being abnormal in this graph? 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No event recorded by Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto but...
third section of graph

What I don't understand is why I will wake up sometimes during the night soon after an event. But the event only lasted around 12 seconds.
I can hold my breath for like 30-40 seconds and not have my heart freak out and pump me with adrenaline.
Why is it that 8-12 seconds can cause that during sleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is what usually happens when I wake early and can't get back to sleep. 
There's a small event that occurs within a half hour of my arousing from sleep.

Post Reply Post Reply
Any chance you have a pulse oximeter?.
It could help determine if your elevated heart rate and arousal have anything to do with the recorded event.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, just check it when I wake or try to find one that keeps logs during the night? I don't know if they can do that, just guessing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2021, 12:16 PM)SleepFoo Wrote: Ok, just check it when I wake or try to find one that keeps logs during the night? I don't know if they can do that, just guessing.

My understanding is that oximeters do record data all night, and that it can be imported into OSCAR. You may need to do some research to find out which brands or models are compatible with OSCAR.

As to the strange adrenaline rushes and awakenings, my guess is that they are an artifact of your untreated sleep apnea. We probably go decades before we are finally diagnosed and treated. Our bodies are used to having to wake up to breathe. It takes awhile for our bodies to adapt to CPAP therapy and recognize that it's now safe to stay asleep.

That said, I think the oximeter is probably a good idea. Better than guess work.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2021, 12:16 PM)SleepFoo Wrote: Ok, just check it when I wake or try to find one that keeps logs during the night? I don't know if they can do that, just guessing.

I use the Wellue ring and it logs all night and imports to Oscar very easily.  It confirmed that my startle-awake, heart-racing, sweating like I had been running a marathon episodes were directly correlated with my low SpO2 saturation times.  Since starting with PAP treatment, all of those things have faded away, and my Wellue ring shows much more consistent heartrate and oxygen throughout the night.

There are other versions of O2 monitors that record all night, but I am very happy with the one I have.  It just slips on my finger/thumb and is very unobtrusive, other than the constant red light that performs the actual measurements and therefore never turns off - I try to keep that hand blocked behind my pillow or sheet so it doesn't wake my husband up with it's eerie glow. 

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like regular REM sleep to me. How are your stress levels? When my anxiety is bad I wake up at night from a panic attack unrelated to my apnea. Sometimes it just happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Contec CMS 50F records several hours, probably enough for a night. The Wellue rings are even a better choice.

The adrenaline spike while sleeping is because the event is while you're sleeping. While awake, your breathing is less in autopilot.

I'd consider nixing the Ramp and increasing your pressure range, only for a perceived attempt at comfort increase.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also use the Wellue O2Ring. It stays on my finger and records all night. It's also uploads to OSCAR very easy.

One thing, it's a little more expensive than some of the others. Watch for sales or coupon codes.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 857 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,500 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 465 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.