Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Integrating manually transcribed data into Oscar
Integrating manually transcribed data into Oscar
I have a Devilbiss DV5 CPAP machine without a data interface. So although I can "see" the daily AHI statistic on the screen, I cannot export the data to Oscar.

I'd like to find a way of importing each day's AHI statistic into Oscar, so I can integrate it with the data I already have in Oscar from my Wellue O2Ring. Does anyone have any suggestions?

My first thought was that there must be a way to import plain CSV files, but I can't see any mention on that. I'm imagining me simple maintaining a notepad .TXT or .CSV file with the format:

date,AHI<cr>

e.g.

21-jan-2022,5.5
20-jan-2022,7.5
19-jan-2022,5.0

You get the idea...

Appreciate any suggestions!

Ian
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Integrating manually transcribed data into Oscar
Your DV5 does not have a slot for a SD card? Or is the card slot in the optional data interface unit?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, it doesn't have a card slot. 

The (optional) DV54 data interface attaches to the CPAP machine's round data interface socket via a special cable. I don't have the optional data interface.

I expect that the data interface either has a serial interface or a card slot. 

Ian
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2022, 09:05 PM)i.c.hill Wrote: I'd like to find a way of importing each day's AHI statistic into Oscar, so I can integrate it with the data I already have in Oscar from my Wellue O2Ring. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm sorry to say that OSCAR doesn't have any way to do that, primarily because its data structures are not designed to handle just summary data such as AHI. OSCAR is designed around reading detailed data and showing you that data, including AHI calculated from the detailed data. So even if we could import the data, OSCAR would have no place to store it or display it.

Our long-range goals for OSCAR development include redesigning the database and including summary-only data. But that's a long time off as we are busy just supporting new machines.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 67 2 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 86 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 48 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 57 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 216 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 105 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 95 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.