Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No events with at-home titration.Why does pressure increase?
RE: No events with at-home titration.Why does pressure increase?
(05-10-2015, 06:34 PM)storywizard Wrote: Supplier #2 is great, all their machines are cleaned and sterilized...I have had a great customer experience with them, awaiting my ASV machine this week...

Good luck with the therapy...Sleep-well

Storywizard

Thank you Storywizard.

(05-11-2015, 08:31 AM)vsheline Wrote: Hi jdip,

The "Auto" bi-level machines are all able to auto-adjust EPAP, so both ResMed and PRS1 bi-level machines do that. The PRS1 BiPAP Auto DS750/DS751 and DS760/DS761 (unlike ResMed Bi-level "S9 VPAP Auto" or the new AirCurve 10 Auto) can also slowly auto-adjust the Pressure Support to be just high enough to prevent Flow Limitation (UARS) and the resulting RERA events.

You could set a PRS1 BiPAP Auto machine to an EPAP of 9 and just let the machine auto-adjust the Pressure Support.

Or, you could let the PRS1 BiPAP Auto machine auto-adjust EPAP also. You would likely find that, with bi-level, you would be able to use an EPAP lower than 9, and every night the machine could do an auto-titration on both EPAP and Pressure Support. You could either leave machine in full auto mode or, after gathering a couple weeks of data, set a fixed EPAP and/or fixed PS, chosen based on the data gathered.

In addition, seems like you will need to email your doctor the article/talk by Dr Barry Krakow (or drop off a hard copy), to help your doctor understand that bi-level therapy is the way to go when treating UARS.

Also, please check your Private Messages.

PM replied. Thanks again for all of this great info. Giving my doctor a copy of that article is a good suggestion.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 0 22 1 hour ago
Last Post: Daveman
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 93 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 348 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 266 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.