Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No high sample rate data last night
No high sample rate data last night
Saturday morning is download day. I had no high sample rate data for last night (pressure and flow.) The machine must have been looking at high sample rate flow data -- as it scored some FL and classified a couple of apneas.

So, I will do the power disconnect reboot trick and see if it records tonight.

It's possible that even with a locked SD card, my insertion into my computer's reader messed it up. The SW could not find the card until I pulled it and reinserted it. I sort of doubt the above -- as when I unlocked it and put it back in the S9, it read the card without an error message.

Maybe it was aliens?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No high sample rate data last night
(04-09-2016, 01:36 PM)justMongo Wrote: Saturday morning is download day. I had no high sample rate data for last night (pressure and flow.) The machine must have been looking at high sample rate flow data -- as it scored some FL and classified a couple of apneas.

So, I will do the power disconnect reboot trick and see if it records tonight.

It's possible that even with a locked SD card, my insertion into my computer's reader messed it up. The SW could not find the card until I pulled it and reinserted it. I sort of doubt the above -- as when I unlocked it and put it back in the S9, it read the card without an error message.

Maybe it was aliens?

First thought is the card is almost full, but I would assume the S9 would warn you. And if it is the original card, 2GB (I think) should last almost forever).

Second thought is reimport it into SH, I am pretty sure SH doesn't overwrite existing data.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
High leak rate possible???
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2016, 01:36 PM)justMongo Wrote: Saturday morning is download day. I had no high sample rate data for last night (pressure and flow.) The machine must have been looking at high sample rate flow data -- as it scored some FL and classified a couple of apneas.

Hi jM,

I use ResScan rather than SleepyHead. There have been a few times when the high rate data wasn't getting downloaded, but it was years ago and I don't remember the details.

I would check again tomorrow to see whether the High Rate Data for tonight will be missing, too. If tomorrow two days worth of high rate data are missing, I'd try replacing the SD card with a new one.

You might try re-downloading the data, by using ResScan instead of SleepyHead (or visa-versa) to see if the high rate data is actually on the card and downloads fine if using the other program.

If you are already a ResScan user, I would suggest right-clicking on last night in ResScan and deleting just that one day ("session") from the program and then re-downloading.

If using ResScan with a ResMed S8 or S9 machine (and perhaps with A10 series machines also?) it is important to always select "Discard" the newly-downloaded data (for days on which ResScan already has previously-downloaded data), never select "Overwrite" the data already in ResScan.

For example, if using an S9 machine, only 30 days of Detailed Data and only 7 days of High Rate data are stored on the card. If the Overwrite download option in ResScan is ever selected during a download, ResScan will overwrite the past 30 days of Detailed and High Rate Data previously downloaded, with whatever Detailed and High Rate Data is still on the card. This results in the High Rate Data being permanently deleted on days ago 8 through 30. On an S9 machine, Detailed Data and High Rate data previously downloaded for days longer ago than 30 are not affected (not deleted) by the Overwrite operation.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
On ResMed machines, most Detailed Data (like target Pressure and Leak and Respiration Rate and Snore) are sampled/recorded every 2 seconds.

The high rate data are the Flow and the "High Rate Pressure" (called "Mask Pressure" in SleepyHead), which are sampled/recorded at a much faster rate, like 20 or 25 samples per second.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2016, 01:48 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: First thought is the card is almost full, but I would assume the S9 would warn you. And if it is the original card, 2GB (I think) should last almost forever).

In W7, my computer, it shows plenty of empty space on the card.

(04-09-2016, 02:01 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: High leak rate possible???

Mongo don't leak.

(04-09-2016, 02:43 PM)vsheline Wrote: I would check again tomorrow to see whether the High Rate Data for tonight will be missing, too. If tomorrow two days worth of high rate data are missing, I'd try replacing the SD card with a new one.
If using ResScan with a ResMed S8 or S9 machine (and perhaps with A10 series machines also?) it is important to always select "Discard" the newly-downloaded data (for days on which ResScan already has previously-downloaded data), never select "Overwrite" the data already in ResScan.

For example, if using an S9 machine, only 30 days of Detailed Data and only 7 days of High Rate data are stored on the card. If the Overwrite option is ever selected during a download, ResScan will overwrite the past 30 days of Detailed and High Rate Data previously downloaded, with whatever Detailed and High Rate Data is still on the card. This results in the High Rate Data being permanently deleted on days ago 8 through 30. On an S9 machine, Detailed Data and High Rate data previously downloaded for days longer ago than 30 are not affected (not deleted) by the Overwrite operation.

I overwrite. Else my data files become too big. And, since I back them up to a NAS and port them over to a second machine, it takes too much time if all that high rate data is preserved. We'll see tomorrow.

It's possible that the SD card is rotten. I have a pile of new 2GB, speed class 2 cards. I bought a bunch before they became scarce and expensive. Mine are all SanDisk. I once worked with Eli Harari who founded SanDisk.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2016, 01:48 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: First thought is the card is almost full, but I would assume the S9 would warn you.

it'll never fill up due to the auto trimming of data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2016, 03:50 PM)palerider Wrote:
(04-09-2016, 01:48 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: First thought is the card is almost full, but I would assume the S9 would warn you.

it'll never fill up due to the auto trimming of data.

Ah, thanks good to know.

I guess with a 16 or 32 GB WiFi card it will not have problems?
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2016, 04:13 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: I guess with a 16 or 32 GB WiFi card it will not have problems?

I think during their first few years of production the ResMed S9 models only allowed use of SD cards which were 2GB or smaller (called "standard density" cards, I think). S9 machines manufactured later allowed higher density SD cards.
Post Reply Post Reply
Friday night and last night's high rate data downloaded just fine this morning.
ergo, the high rate data had to be on the card yesterday as the card is the only place it's stored.
Must have been my computer's card reader.

I cleaned the slot with Dustoff yesterday. Seems the computer's negative pressure case pulls dust into the builtin card reader.

Problem solved -- sort of.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 91 8 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 243 03-27-2024, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,412 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 117 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 861 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 235 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.