Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP user here with a question about my elbow
RE: New CPAP user here with a question about my elbow
You're welcome, hope it gives the result you're looking for.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP user here with a question about my elbow
I use an AirTouch F20 with the elbow. Since this cushion can't be washed with water, just cleaned daily with a wipe, I also use a wipe around my little finger (small hands) to sort of clean out the inside of the elbow, then wash it in soap and water once a week with the tank and tubing. I hang it to dry in a warm place--near a furnace floor vent in winter, outside under a patio (shaded) in the hot weather.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP user here with a question about my elbow (and more)
I'm leaving the parts out to dry for a while then blowing the larger drops that remain out of the tube/elbow with pressure from the machine, and that's working pretty well for me. For the hose I figured out that I can really slosh the soapy water around in there if I hold both openings together to keep most of the water inside and tip the whole thing back and forth like a see-saw.

Well... guess I'll continue asking questions in this thread (wish I'd picked a more generic title Oops )

Almost 2 weeks in and I still look forward to putting the mask on every night, it's become like a signal to my brain that it's time to sleep. Still have CA's propping up the AHI and still don't feel 100% in the daytime, but at this point I'm not sure if it's treatment emergent or the 'sleepwakejunk' that I've seen mentioned here (which I understand is normal?), or something else.

After reading through a bunch of other threads I want to test my own understanding of this OSCAR stuff. So I'm going to comment on what I think is happening with the attached data and then maybe I'll find out how right I was. I don't have data from last night since I forgot to put the SD card back in so this is the night before.

1st screenshot:
Zoomed out all the way. Ramp time is set to 45 minutes. Start machine a little after 1:30. After just 15 minutes of breathing fluctuations it looks like I drift into sleep

@2:45- Guessing I changed position? Regular breathing pattern stops, taking a few deeper breaths, movement caused the mask to leak, I hold my breath a couple times as I shift around and fix the leak.
@2:47- Drifting back to sleep, breathing doesn't stabilize like it was at the beginning of the screenshot. Maybe chin tuck after I changed position? The machine responds to the flow limit with more pressure. Still breathing abnormally, so pressure increases until I wake up again.
@2:55- More breath holding as I shift around with a much bigger mask leak to fix. I'm probably fully awake here but drift back to sleep soon with some undulating flow rates. This unstable breathing continues to the next group of flagged events which look a lot like the ones in this screenshot.

So far it doesn't strike me as true apnea. I'll skip ahead to the junk at the end.

Is this the so-called sleep wake junk? It goes on like this for around an hour and half at the end of the data. I don't remember lying there awake for that long, but maybe I was only half asleep. Either way I'm fairly sure this isn't me just holding my breath.

I welcome any comments or corrections, but if nothing else this will be like a little journal for me to look back and recall what I was thinking, after I'm much further along in the treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,636 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Cleaning F20/F30 QuietAir Elbow 70sSanO 13 5,861 04-12-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Magoo905
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 200 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Anyone's F20 Quiet Air Elbow Not Diffusing/Venting ANY Air? Hydrangea 33 13,104 04-01-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeytime
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,808 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,262 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,137 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.