Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No leaks , horrible treatment?
No leaks , horrible treatment?
I seem to have my leaks under control but now im just getting horrible treatment? My AHI was 1.7 last night, almost TWO!??! Yet my average leak was 19???

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No leaks , horrible treatment?
Why do you say it is horrible treatment?  Under 5 is used as being treated - yours is under 2. Are you saying that the numbers are bad or you are feeling bad?  You are to the point of “how do I feel” or are you just chasing the number?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
but look at all those events

people said any events disturbs sleep and makes me feel bad
Post Reply Post Reply
I have some event every night, they are scattered and are mostly around 10 seconds. I feel good my therapy is good.

You need to look at how you are feeling , the events are not important if they are not effecting your therapy.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Leak rate isn't zero as your title says. But it's not the issue, you still have leak rates approaching 24, the ResMed redline. This chart shows leaks at 12 for 95% which is good enough, but the Max of 18 may be undoing some therapy.

The event rate is very low and well treated. You ended up with 0.12 CA for the night, 0.73 Obstructive events, 0.00 Unclassified, 0.85 Hypopnea, 0.12 RERA.

Since you're not well rested, you'll need to take advisement from the several other threads where I said you need to get to your doctor and submit for testing. Blood tests or something that'll reveal what you're suffering from. OSCAR tells us it's not Apnea or sleep related, in the scope of what we deal with here. You need the PAP to treat the events, and the OSCAR data says it's treating just fine. It must be something else.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
You should know that leakage less than 24 L/min is acceptable. So 19 L/min is alright, but I understand your concern. 
Your leak issue might be "mouth leak" if you're not using a full face mask. This means your mask isn't leaking, rather you are breathing through your mouth and some of the air flow from your CPAP is escaping through your mouth. A dry mouth when you wake up is a possible indication of mouth leak.
There's two options to correct mouth leak. The first is to use a chin strap to hold your mouth closed throughout your therapy session. The second option is to switch to a full face mask. Speak to your provider to see what they recommend.
As for your AHI, an AHI of less than 5 events per hour is considered normal. Even people without Sleep Apnea sometimes have up to 5 events per hour. So your 1.7 is a very good number.
I use a nasal pillows mask and a chin strap because I was having a high rate of mouth leak. I'm now normally under 15 on the leak and consistently have an AHI less than 1.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 37 8 hours ago
Last Post: TiredTim
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 278 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 225 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 117 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 132 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,802 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.