Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No relief after 1 year of CPAP
RE: No relief after 1 year of CPAP
agree as above on trigger and other settings, too sensitive can be as wrong as not sensitive enough.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2018, 02:23 PM)PoolQ Wrote: Your CA's are 0.0 now I may be wrong but I doubt you need ASV. Others will reply with more confidence

So when you lay down do you just start inhaling shallower and shallower until you stop and then take a couple deep breathes and start the cycle again? This is what I was doing and got them to test me for COPD. With me the COPD and Sleep Apnea were mixed together and masking each other. I could not find the right settings until after I was treated (inhaler) for COPD and then the settings settled down and were fine.

Will wait for some others to chime in.

Yes exactly. It's really quite subtle though so I want to avoid convincing myself I have something I may not have but who knows at this point. It's not like suffocation or anything, just really as though I forgot to breathe somehow. Something like having a mild form which is mostly induced by heavy exercise doesn't seem impossible. At least no more impossible than having nocturnal asthma. Was your inhaler a bronchodilator or was it a corticosteroid? I was prescribed a corticosteroid for asthma but have never tried the former type of inhaler.

(09-23-2018, 02:49 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'd like to see a close up of typical flow rate wave-form where flow limitation is not high. This new graph actually looks okay, but I think there is still some hypopnea and flow limits.  AHI is still low and we have not seen the emergence of any CA events.  Tidal volume has improved and the inspiration/expiration times look normal now, rather than inverted as with the Philips CPAP.   If you want to try clearing this up a bit more, I'd like to increase EPA EPAP min to 6.6 and pressure support to 5.0 cm.  IPAP max will have to move to 14 to allow these higher settings.  

For some reason, only EPAP is showing on the pressure graph.  I will reserve judgement on the trigger sensitivity until we see the graph, but I'm inclined to say high rather than very high. Let's also consider Ti Min and max when we see the close-up.  ASV is absolutely not a consideration here.

I will try those settings. Had an awful night last night, one of my worst ever. I have attached three images of progressively zoomed in flow rate. The red line in the first image shows what area I sampled. No events detected anywhere near it except for the custom user event, but I'd imagine there is a lot of arousal.

Had a huge headache today, I knew things were going to be bad when I woke up after less than two hours Sad Been feeling pretty desperate lately, sent an email to my sleep doctor but who knows if I'll even get a reply.

Post Reply Post Reply
started with Tudorza and progressed to Anoro -both bronchodilator
tested in lab with albuterol

it happens to me within a minute after laying down, any time, any place very consistent. just like a heavy weight on my chest
Post Reply Post Reply
This looks pretty good, so based on what I'm seeing here, I don't have a solid idea of where to make any setting changes. I sort of expected to see some more flow limits, but this is normal in the sample. Based on what we're seeing here, I don't see anything that shouts 'change me'.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with sleeprider your zoom in on the flow when your asleep looked like normal breathing variationnothing to worry about.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2018, 08:25 PM)PoolQ Wrote: started with Tudorza and progressed to Anoro -both bronchodilator
tested in lab with albuterol

it happens to me within a minute after laying down, any time, any place very consistent. just like a heavy weight on my chest

This might be heart failure. If you know its not, theres also something called angina decubitus:
https://www.medscape.com/answers/150215-...-decubitus

I have something similar honestly. It became lesser when i started laying down with my feet up, i know thats counter intuitive but I have this tilt table for back pain relief and lay down on it at least twice a day at 30° angle for 30 min each time, my legs being higher then my head.

Alternatively try lying down on your stomach in a way to decompress your T and C spine regions.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know it is not, 100% sure
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the many replies. I'll defer to your collective experience in considering my breathing to be normal. In that case, the only explanation must then be that my sleep apnea is not causing nocturia, but instead my nocturia is disturbing my sleep? I think I will take the advice of crowtor earlier and look into getting my GP to prescribe Desmopressin. I will keep you all updated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,625 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 160 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,478 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 307 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Muggzy's Therapy Thread - My quest for relief Muggzy 6 598 01-07-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Muggzy
  [Pressure] Last year, AHI <1. This year, AHI >5. WTF? srwilsn3 14 800 12-17-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,646 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.