Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

No warm air PRS1
No warm air PRS1
Hi every one, I'm new to this and happy to be here but I have a question.

I have a System One Heated Humidifier and full mask, and I'm having problems with getting the humidifier to heat up. It still has some what warm air coming out but not hot enough. I still wake up with dry nasal passages. I followed the direction but still the hose gets a little warm but no warm air coming through. What am I doing wrong?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No warm air
Hi Q-Rock
Whats model number of your machine 450 or 460. 460 comes with the heated hose option
Model number written on the label at the bottom of the machine (remove the water tank before looking)

I don,t use the machine, the clinical manual may helps. available via email (section three)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No warm air
Hi Q-Rock,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't use that particular machine but someone will be along shortly to help you.
Hang in there for more suggestions and Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No warm air PRS1
Q-Rock, I updated your subject line so it can get the attention of the folks who have the answers.

I don't have that model but it has been my experience that even with the heated hose, the air is not necessarily warm. Some say they notice a difference but I never have.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
What number do you have your humidifier set to?

There's a "System One Humidification" setting that makes it do "smart" humidification to conserve water. Some people find they need to turn the "system one humidification" setting to off in the clinician's menu in order to get more humidity.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
We are talking humidification, not boiling water here. You really won't feel any heat coming off your humidifier or hose, if your humidifier's hot plate is warm, your getting humidification. It's not like one of those nasal steamers or standing in a hot shower, its slight heat that provides a small amount of humidification.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2013, 10:26 AM)Bobshouse Wrote: We are talking humidification, not boiling water here. You really won't feel any heat coming off your humidifier or hose, if your humidifier's hot plate is warm, your getting humidification. It's not like one of those nasal steamers or standing in a hot shower, its slight heat that provides a small amount of humidification.

Ok, well this is not working because I'm still waking up with dried out nasal passages.

Post Reply Post Reply
Q-Rock,

Before we can provide you with any real help, we need to know the model number. Is your machine a 450 model or a 460 model?

We also need to know: What's your current humidity setting? Are you using "Classic Mode" or the regular "smart" mode?

If your machine is a 460 model, then getting the optional heated hose (along with the humidifier adaption kit) will let you set the temperature in the hose to be much, much warmer than the room's air temperature. And with the max humidity setting with the heated hose, the relative humidity in the hose will be kept at 90%.

But if your machine is a 450 model, then there is not a heated hose option. You can still use a heated hose, but it has to be a stand-alone hose such as the Aussie Hose or the Hybernite Rainout Control System Hose.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed heated humidifier tubing doesn't stay warm Dr.Bob 8 1,263 04-06-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  PRS1 Auto BIPAP, Starting Prisma ST machine ArnieSwas 32 4,503 12-27-2022, 11:33 AM
Last Post: ArnieSwas
  Resmed Airsense 11 very warm to touch with burning smell Sweet72947 0 1,467 08-21-2022, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Sweet72947
Arrow Why does ResMed AirSense 11 stay warm? PaulaBunyan 3 1,486 08-19-2022, 01:40 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  PRS1 Modem Quit Sending Daily Data to Dream Mapper Bubster 2 744 01-13-2022, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Rainout with Climateline and Warm Room Temp. SleepAndBreathe 6 926 09-16-2021, 04:31 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Air is not humid and warm enough Yoel Klein 4 996 02-11-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.