Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noise cancelling solutions
Noise cancelling solutions
I'm looking for a noise masking/cancelling solution so my occasional snoring doesn't bother my wife. She gets perturbed when my mask leaks and/or I snore. However, she seems willing to tolerate the sounds of my breathing. White noise machine will not work - she would have to wear ear buds. She was "NO" to that idea. Ditto for ear plugs. Any help out there? P. S. I bought said machine without enrolling her in that solution. Duh!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Noise cancelling solutioms
If your settings are correct, you should not be snoring... I used to snore badly enough to shake the walls of the house (or so my family used to say.) Completely silent now.

I would encourage you to post your machine data. Information is below in my signature on how to do that. We can give you suggestions on how to improve your settings so that you don't snore any longer. As to your mask leaks, please see the link below for Bonjour's mask primer on suggestions to quell your mask leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Noise cancelling solutions
as above ^ you can get the cpap working better for you.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
It might be work trying a nasal mask, I'm was/am a severe snorer and the Doc recommended a full face because I claimed I was a mouth breather in my sleep. I recently switched over to the Resmed Airfit P10 nasal pillow mask as an experiment and I found it to be very quiet and with a nasal mask I no longer mouth breath when I sleep so I dont snore!! I have to admit it does take a little getting used to at first! I haven't had any problems with it leaking either!
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a nasal mask but terribly leak through my mouth all night so the noise is unbearable for my partner so I had to switch to a full face because of that.

Other than that, I liked the nasal mask much better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Use a fan. Get one of those noise generating machines. Get a docking station and stick your phone into it and add an app that has various sounds. I used to have to deal with truck traffic all the time (and then all the sirens from a firehouse across the street) and these things work for all but the lightest of sleepers. You can also use a tablet like a Kindle Fire, but unlike an Itouch, it likely won't make it through the night unless it's plugged in.
Post Reply Post Reply
We have always used a fan. The fan was originally for our Australian Shepherd. Long story, won't bore you with it. He's gone now but after 14 yrs of using a fan, it's difficult to sleep without it.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
In the winter months, I run a small room humidifier. It does double duty... gives extra humidity and makes just enough sound that I don’t hear anything from my Apap.

In the summer, I run a fan. I tried to turn it off a couple times, but the sound of my breathing or from the machine keep me awake. The fan drowns it out.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll ditto the fan as one answer. I use a room air filter/fan for another reason than being bothered by machine noise. I have COPD and need to clean the air a bit with the filter fan device. And besides, I like to have a fan moving air regardless.

Dave  Coffee Coffee

I'm going out on a limb and guess the option for YOU to use the earplugs, white noise device, etc. are not options to not hear wife...  Bigwink
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
But a fan is not needed if the adjustments on the machine are correct. There will simply be no snoring sounds...

I would just like to re-iterate that instead of trying to mask any sounds of snoring that he should get at the root of the problem; helping the mask stay stationary and prevent snoring with the correct settings on the machine. He will need to post data to help us give him some solid advice to that effect.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 605 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,396 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,259 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 87 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 142 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 356 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.