Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noise from Dreamstation at start of exhale
RE: Noise from Dreamstation at start of exhale
My new unit came in yesterday so I picked it up. They gave me a completely new unit with both the DreamStation and the Humidifier which was nice. (I kept my previous SD card.)

I took it home and after getting everything set up checked the settings and of course the settings were from the original prescription. I updated the settings to match the changes I had made and once I filled the humidifier I went to bed.

Success! No more of that annoying clicking when I exhaled. Apparently, there must have been something wrong with the latch on the other humidifier but now all is quiet. My AHI this morning was .36 so I am very happy with my progress and my new quiet DreamStation.

Thanks to all who responded to help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, it was indeed fantastic - until the new unit began to emit some high pitched whistle-like sound whenever I would take a deeper breath. Late in the night on Friday I awoke to an odd sound and after getting a little more alert, determined it was the machine when I inhaled. Dang! If I inhale somewhat shallowly it doesn't make a noise but if I inhale normally or harder, it emits a whistle sound and the harder the inhalation, the louder the sound. No noise on exhale thought so that's good. It almost sounded like an air leak so I finally fell back to sleep figuring I could resolve it Saturday.

Sidebar - I had thought that this new machine seemed a little noisier just on startup than my original one when I first got it but figured it was probably my imagination since I didn't have them side by side. I think I was right - it definitely is noisier.

Well, after some trouble shooting, i determined that this new irritating noise is coming from the machine itself and not the humidifier in any way. I ended up disconnecting the humidifier just to be sure and it still makes the noise. I even disconnected the hose and let the machine blow free but then it really gets a loud whistle. I took out the white filter leaving only the pollen filter in place but it made no difference - it whistles with increasing intensity the harder I may inhale.

So I called my DME this morning and they want me to bring it in after work to check it out and most likely replace it since she said they do have one on the shelf. The bad part is that it is a half hour drive to get to the provider but I have no choice.

I'll post again tomorrow but am wondering if anyone else has had a noise like this from their DreamStation? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ugh. This is so frustrating to hear. If you search this forum, you'll find all sorts of threads talking about noise issues with the DreamStation. :-(

Thankfully mine's mostly quiet as long as the humidifier is in use.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2017, 04:07 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: Ugh. This is so frustrating to hear. If you search this forum, you'll find all sorts of threads talking about noise issues with the DreamStation. :-(

Thankfully mine's mostly quiet as long as the humidifier is in use.

Thank you. That's concerning about the noise problems so if I continue to have issues I'll ask my Dr to write a script for something else.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, the new machine I picked up yesterday is doing the very same - and extremely frustrating - whistling noise when I inhale and I think it may be even worse! I checked all the connections and seals and the machine showed NO hours on it so I think it is a new one. However, I noticed the serial number is lower than the one it replaced so who knows?

Regardless, this one whistles loudly enough on a slightly increased inhale that it woke my wife up. Then on top of that, my dr wanted me to wear a pulse-ox last night so that was even more aggravating as it had a very short cord from the sensor to the device. Not a good night of sleep yet I still had an AHI of 1.3.

Then, to add even more distraction last night, for some reason my mask started leaking and also woke me up a few times before I got it readjusted/tightened to stop the leaks.

So, back to the whistling DreamStation - I am calling my DME yet again to complain about the noise. I wish they had just given me a new humidifier when the first unit had a bad clicking sound due to a faulty latch. The half hour drive one way - if in good traffic - to the DME is a pain but this machine will not let me sleep.

Wow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Have any luck getting rid of the whistling?  Hubby's new machine (already replaced once for "whooshing") is now whistling. Whistle 

Never ends does it?

Rolleyes

I'm not the "sleeper" but I am his messenger
Wave
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi.

I had a ResMed S10 and this click was originaly from the humidifier box (loose fitting). I had so much problems with S10, that I switch to a Dreamstation and I am veru happy with it.

But since I experienced the "click" noise with loose fitting in humidifier box, try to see if putting some weight above the lid, changes or solves the click.
Post Reply Post Reply
My S10 had this issue too. And the problem was not gone.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2017, 04:05 PM)lmkt1 Wrote: Hi,

Have any luck getting rid of the whistling?  Hubby's new machine (already replaced once for "whooshing") is now whistling. Whistle 

Never ends does it?

Rolleyes

Hi Imkt1,

I had started a second thread about this because my second machine did the same thing!

I finally got a third one that was brand new and so far it is quiet!

Read more here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rent-brand
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,284 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 147 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,865 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 360 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,281 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.