Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noise from Remstar Auto A-flex
Noise from Remstar Auto A-flex
When inhaling a noise comes from the machine  that I can best describe as a "faint howling of wolves". No noise when exhaling. I have switched masks, removed the humidifier, checked hoses, and have come to a conviction that the noise is coming from inside the machine.
The machine is about four and one half years old. The problem has existed for six months or so. Has anyone experienced this situation? Any DIY fixes? I have to wear earplugs to block the noise. Just loud enough to hear and continuous throughout the night. 
Is there any chance of exchange or new machine? This came as DME from Medicare and next January it will be renewable, if I can stand it that long.
Thanks for your ideas or comments!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Noise from Remstar Auto A-flex
The only fix I know of to mitigate this is to enclose the machine in a drawer with the electrical and air-tube through a 2" hole in the back of the cabinet. That usually works. If you still hear it, then the solution is a warranty change of the machine. Most moaning, howling or high-pitched whine in a CPAP machine is a bad fan unit.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Noise from Remstar Auto A-flex
Thanks Sleeprider,
I'm so close to the 5-year machine turnover (Medicare) that I doubt I could get a hearing on the basis of warranty. The drawer idea has me thinking though!
Greg
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,290 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 147 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 360 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 596 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.