Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noise from VPAP Auto 25
Noise from VPAP Auto 25
I am using my Auto 25 in Spontaneous mode. For the last 2 nights I have tried my new chin strap. The first night within a couple of hours of going to bed my wife complained that my VPAP was making loud noises. Since the only change was the chin strap, I took it off for the rest of the night. Last night about 3:00 AM she reported the same noises. Both times by the time I woke up there was no more noise. The noise she described I have heard before but have not heard it in a year or more.

The noise is a rapidly repeated mechanical, percussive noise that is fairly loud. My machine reported a short apnea just before the occurrence last night. Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has experienced this and/or might know what causes it.

Seems like my VPAP does not like my new chin strap even though I do!

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Noise from VPAP Auto 25
Air compressor in the garage going on?

Furnace issue?

my machine has two levels of 'sound', one on inhale, one on exhale - no weird noises of any kind. One mask I have will 'whistle' if I set the humidity too high...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,282 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 146 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 360 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 595 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.