Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noise level of Respironics Dreamstation vs Resmed Airsense 10
RE: Noise level of Respironics Dreamstation vs Resmed Airsense 10
(03-12-2016, 02:36 AM)scottlink96 Wrote: I have been using the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset since October, 2014 when I was first diagnosed. I have gone through three units due to the loud sound it makes when inhaling and exhaling but haven't had any luck in getting a quieter one - it is very loud as it gets to full pressure. I am considering switching to the Dreamstation and would appreciate any feedback on the noise level of the device and if it makes a loud wooshing noise on inhale and exhale. Thanks

I also went through 3 machines - talked to ResMed Tech Department and there was a problem with the humidifier seals and they redesigned the humidifier bin a few months ago. If you are using a humidifier, check with your seller and ask them to obtain a recently manufactured bin. When the seals are working the Darth Vader sound goes away. Unfortunately for me, they built too much base humidity in the machine and I cannot use it with my mask - a Breeze - it will drown me, and ResMed acknowledged that it would with that mask and they said they didn't care..... So I have a very expensive paperweight, but at least it doesn't "breathe loudly" Smile.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do I contact Resmed? I am in Canada. I can call the USA...
Post Reply Post Reply
I seem to recall that I used the contact form on the ResMed web site. I did get a reply, and I can't find it in my email; it may have been a phone call reply. I think they basically said to talk to my supplier, who wasn't very helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like to contact ResMed about the 'whistling' sound from the Humidifier as well. Mine is not easy to fix at night. I sometimes spend 10-15 minutes or so getting it to stop. Humidifier in - Humidifier out. Over and over again. Tried wiggling the rubber attachment seals inside the machine where it connects to the humidifier. I'm fed up with it.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
This may sound harsh, but I don't believe contacting ResMed will get results. They don't consider you as their "customer". Their customers are the DME and various suppliers. Until that changes, and they realize who the real customers are; good service is a dream.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is true that ResMed does NOT want to talk to the end user - which is interesting that a company making machines to help patients breathe does not want to help them when there are problems with the machines......I only got through to the Tech Dept by "tricking" the phone system. You do have to talk to the company/DME where you purchased your Airsense 10. They should already know about the humidifier bin fix or they can call ResMed and get the information - ResMed will talk to them - just not us.... Once I received the redesigned humidifier bin, there were no more weird inhale/exhale sounds - it is perfectly quiet as it should be. Not all of the original bins had the seal problem, but if yours does, the newer bin should solve any noise issue because the seals fit properly.

Post Reply Post Reply
you don't usually call up GM headquarter when you need an oil change....
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2016, 08:25 PM)palerider Wrote: oftentimes, sound is transmitted up the tube.

The previous Respironics model, the PRS1 (System One) machines had a bad tendency to send noise through the hose. This can be confusing because the user hears it, but not people nearby. It's also confusing because the noise can come through your mouth and nose, through your head into your inner ear, and it may sound like it's coming from the wrong direction.

I don't know if DreamStation has this problem.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
*** WARNING ***
These machines are classified as stealth technology.
By Executive Order 10289 et seq.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2016, 11:26 PM)bluemom51 Wrote: I also went through 3 machines - talked to ResMed Tech Department and there was a problem with the humidifier seals and they redesigned the humidifier bin a few months ago. If you are using a humidifier, check with your seller and ask them to obtain a recently manufactured bin.

By "bin," do you mean the humidifier tub or water tank? i.e. the part you take out of the machine and fill with water?

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,714 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 69 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,031 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 80 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,256 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.