Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noise problem Resmed Autosense 10
RE: Noise problem Resmed Autosense 10
My noise problem with the AirSense 10 is a clicking or snapping noise. Once when I breathe in and once when I exhale. It doesn't do it right away but starts later and wakes me up around 3-4 am. Then the noise is enough to keep me awake. I have the humidifier down to setting 2. Any suggestions? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2015, 08:29 PM)Rogerracer Wrote: My noise problem with the AirSense 10 is a clicking or snapping noise. Once when I breathe in and once when I exhale. It doesn't do it right away but starts later and wakes me up around 3-4 am. Then the noise is enough to keep me awake. I have the humidifier down to setting 2. Any suggestions? Thanks
Welcome to the board, Rogerracer
At times, my machine make noise too but the noise does not bother me any more
If the noise is a concern for you, complain to your provider, machines comes with two years warranty
If the machine is the basic "CPAP" model, might be good idea to push for a replacement, either Elite or AutoSet, AutoSet does both ways, fixed pressure or variable pressure (2 machines in 1)

Also, you want to check leak, and not large leak that waking you up

Post Reply Post Reply
I think that noise is water in the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2015, 11:31 PM)player Wrote: I think that noise is water in the hose.

I thought so too, but it is not. I've routed the hose so water can't collect and checked it for water. It's more of a mechanical noise.

Post Reply Post Reply
Tried turning off the EPR last night as well as the Humidifier. Noise was gone. I'll try it tonight with just the Humidifier disabled.
Post Reply Post Reply
If turning the EPR back on makes the noise come back or even if it does not, I would take Zonk's suggestion and return the machine. It sounds to me like there is something wrong with the EPR. Do not know if it is hardware or software but I think that the machine definitely needs to be replaced.

If the machine is the "CPAP" model it would definitely be worthwhile if you could get them to replace it with an Elite of Autoset.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a similar issue with my S10, only I could here the echo apparently but my wife also uses earplugs despite saying she can't hear the machine. She only heard leaks. I put my machine on a book on the floor at night and that solved the noise issue for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same thing... I can hear myself breathing - Darth Vadar like - in the machine - though not in the mask.

I have the EPR set to 2, so maybe I'll try turning it off and see if the sound goes away. It doesn't bother me much anymore.
Post Reply Post Reply
With my Resmed 10 autoset, my wife has to sit up in bed to see if I am there. She can not hear it running at all. I find it amazing this unit is so quiet. Sometimes I have to part my lips and cause a leak so I can see if it's running.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2015, 07:36 AM)JohnnyH Wrote: With my Resmed 10 autoset, my wife has to sit up in bed to see if I am there. She can not hear it running at all. I find it amazing this unit is so quiet. Sometimes I have to part my lips and cause a leak so I can see if it's running.

That's good to hear JohnnyH. So it's not all A10's having that problem. Do you use humidification? Slimline or heated ClimateLine hose?

I'm glad mine with come with a 3 year warranty!!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,254 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 84 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 141 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,322 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,602 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,456 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.