Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noise problem Resmed Autosense 10
RE: Noise problem Resmed Autosense 10
(10-09-2015, 07:36 AM)JohnnyH Wrote: With my Resmed 10 autoset, my wife has to sit up in bed to see if I am there. She can not hear it running at all. I find it amazing this unit is so quiet. Sometimes I have to part my lips and cause a leak so I can see if it's running.

+1, My A10 is quiet as a mouse, and I have EPR at 3 with no clicking or anything else. Sounds like a defective unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2015, 06:29 AM)cate1898 Wrote:
(10-09-2015, 07:36 AM)JohnnyH Wrote: With my Resmed 10 autoset, my wife has to sit up in bed to see if I am there. She can not hear it running at all. I find it amazing this unit is so quiet. Sometimes I have to part my lips and cause a leak so I can see if it's running.

That's good to hear JohnnyH. So it's not all A10's having that problem. Do you use humidification? Slimline or heated ClimateLine hose?

I'm glad mine with come with a 3 year warranty!!

Is three years warranty standard ?

There are too many reports of noise with this AS10. My next CPAP will be another S9.
Post Reply Post Reply
Two year warranty is normal.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2015, 07:33 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Two year warranty is normal.

How to get three years ? Purchase with AMEX ?
Post Reply Post Reply
hmmm....I would think most people go through insurance coverage to purchase equipment.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2015, 08:29 PM)Rogerracer Wrote: My noise problem with the AirSense 10 is a clicking or snapping noise. Once when I breathe in and once when I exhale. It doesn't do it right away but starts later and wakes me up around 3-4 am. Then the noise is enough to keep me awake. I have the humidifier down to setting 2. Any suggestions? Thanks

I know this post is a few months old, but I have the same problem with my AirSense 10. It is coming from the humidifier. Open it up and dry under the plastic seal. That usually fixes it for a few days at least. Sometimes when it starts in the middle of the night, I just try to pry up the latch on the humidifier while it is still in the unit and that will stop the clicking most of the time. BAD DESIGN!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, can't comment. Don't have one of those new-fangled machines. Big Grin Big Grin

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I tend to think that prying the humidifier tank lid up while it is inserted into the machine would cause problems not solve them.

I guess I am lucky. I have not had a problem in over six months of use.
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have been using ResMed Autosense 10 for about 2 months. Noise is driving me crazy. It's not real loud, just annoying and one more thing besides the foreign headgear, air flapping the curtains, and getting tangled in the hose that keeps me awake. My sounds are inconsistent--sometimes I hear the echo, other times a dripping sound, other times a steady humm. No voices yet, but I wouldn't be surprized. I've gotton up more than once to check for a running toilet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hear the same sounds (Darth Vader inhales) from the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,568 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,268 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 142 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,331 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,469 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.