Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best/Stickest Tape
Best/Stickest Tape
Hello, I have had some success in reducing AHI with BiPap. I use the Airfit P10 from Resmed and need to mouth tape. I've tried nexcare waterproof tape, transpore 3m tape, packaging tape, and various combinations of these. I was wondering if there was any tape that is stickier than these or that is known for not coming off despite moisture. My AHI is 0 until a leak occurs (likely through my mouth) and it spikes and slowly goes up until it wakes me up and I have to re-tape. Thanks for any suggestions. Here's last nights Oscar data to show what occurred.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best/Stickest Tape
To specifically answer your question about the stickiness of tape; Yes, there is one I'm aware of that has unusual adhesion properties, it is Gorilla Tape. With that said, I highly discourage using it for your application. Skin removal is a distinct possibility. I would recommend looking into using a Soft Cervical Collar (SCC) possibility in addition to the tape you are now using.

Here is the link to Wiki on SCCs: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, thanks for the response. I already use a soft cervical collar due to some likely positional apnea early on into treatment. I ordered a slightly larger one recently to see if that would be better. The one I currently use seems to work to fix positional apnea though.
Post Reply Post Reply
A guy at work uses a velcro strap to hold his bottom jaw closed.
I use an F30 mask (it pushes up on the nose a bit to promote nasal breathing), but adjust it so that its also pushing up on my jaw below my bottom lip. It seems to do reasonably well in keeping my mouth closed, but I do occasionally mouth breathe (but it doesnt affect my AHI since my mouth is inside the mask).
Post Reply Post Reply
I've tried many tapes. And by far the one that works best for me is the Equate brand cloth tape at Walmart. It isn't wide enough to cover my whole mouth, so I have to overlap it. It works incredibly well as long as I'm clean shaven and I wash my face of any oils before bed. The tape comes in a two roll pack for about $2.50. I can't remember how many feet. But it lasts me about two months, give or take.

Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
The stickiest of them all is Fixomull stretch, I use it nightly.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use BSN Cover-Roll stretch. I drool like crazy all night long and I've never had it come off accidently. My skin doesn't seem to mind the adhesive, either. I use it every night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m trying a kinesiology tape, not the brand name “KT Tape”, something similar from Hampton Adams which was 2 rolls and cheaper. I snip it to length. It holds well. The only issue is if I’ve nicked myself when shaving it likes to pull off the scab. Sometimes if I’m not slow and careful it will create new spots that look like shaving nicks.

It is breathable. If I want complete zero leak through my lips I can put a layer of blue painter’s tape over it. Or use Poligrip strips on my lips. I also use a cervical collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using the BSN Cover Roll, which is the North American version of Fleximull.
You can order on Amazon.

BSN Medical Cover Roll Stretch, 4" x 10 yds, Single Roll, White - 50423

I cover my lips and down the chin. I've used 3M, Somnifix, and a few others...all those didn't work.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 318 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,166 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  mouth tape cberistain 15 675 02-21-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Mouth Tape Trick for Wimps (like me) Deborah K. 29 2,588 02-05-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo
  For chronic mouth leakers using tape and getting mixed results, or even poor results. Expat31 1 400 12-14-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Mouth puffing up with tape shamrock72 12 2,190 11-02-2023, 01:29 PM
Last Post: antond
  PAP MD Mouth Tape Columbiabill 6 8,031 10-28-2023, 08:55 PM
Last Post: antiquefrek

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.