Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noiseless machine
RE: Noiseless machine
I own a Phillips model and it's virtually silent, except when the nose piece comes off my face, heh.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also own a Philips, and alas it is not noiseless (although the "tester" machine I started with, an identical model, was). In fact it is quite noisy, mostly, I think, from the water tank, which acts as a sort of echo chamber, amplifying the in breath sound. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why that one is so noisy and the tester, an identical machine, wasn't, save to assume that each machine has its own characteristics.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just purchased a Devilbiss Intellipap AutoAdjust machine and use Resmed Swift LT nasal pillows. The machine is silent and the mask noise is slight. In fact, it's so quiet that I've had to put my hand on the exhaust port of the mask to verify the machine is on.

I've had this machine for a week and, so far, I'm delighted with it!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
the S9 series machines are typically the most quiet ones on the market. My face mask, a simplus has a nice diffuser port for the outwardbound air and it hardly is noticeable unless i turn my head into the pillow
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,172 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,793 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,756 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,250 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.