Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noisy AirSense 10 Elite
RE: Noisy AirSense 10 Elite
(01-23-2015, 02:46 AM)stevefiles Wrote: I have just found this forum today and it is a real credit to those who run it. The volume and quality of information is excellent.

I was surprised to see others that also feel their Airsense 10 Elite is noisy. I made the decision to buy locally to get manufacturer support.
I picked mine up last Friday and was really surprised at how noisy my breathing is through the machine. I took it back to the supplier on Monday and the 'CPAP Therapy Consultant' at first agreed that it was overly loud, but when they could find nothing obviously wrong decided that it was caused by the 'high' pressure (12cm H20??) that it was set at.
This is my first CPAP machine so I took them at their word.
Definitely 'Not happy, Jan'
So looks like it is either breathe really softly or go the earplug route

I agree. It really doesn't make sense that ResMed would completely ignore the amplified breathing noise that this machine puts out. I'm wondering if it is the combination of the mask I'm using with the machine or the diametre of the hose since a few others on here don't hear a thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2015, 02:46 AM)stevefiles Wrote: I took it back to the supplier on Monday and the 'CPAP Therapy Consultant' at first agreed that it was overly loud, but when they could find nothing obviously wrong decided that it was caused by the 'high' pressure (12cm H20??) that it was set at.
This is my first CPAP machine so I took them at their word.
Definitely 'Not happy, Jan'
So looks like it is either breathe really softly or go the earplug route

I would not consider 12 cm/H2O to be high pressure. Is it higher than 4? I would have to say yes but then 4 is as low as the machine will go.Going by memory (keep in mind that I am an old fart) it seems to me that 12 cm/H2O is on the low side of the middle ground for people on this forum. I would not back off. As was recommended elsewhere on this forum, I would take the machine in to the DME and have them compare it to another machine they have on hand for sound pressure.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
It is the humidifier gasket.  Mine was doing the same thing.  It will also make a moaning sound if the humidifier is not seated properly, and this happens when the gasket is not seated.  What happens is sediment and buildup from the water gets on the gasket and where it seats over time.  Just take your humidifier to the sink, take the clear gasket out, and finger wash it thoroughly under running water, until all that calcium and buildup is gone.  Then dry it gently with a clean cloth.  Then go around the top rim of the bottom half, and the bottom rim of the top half, where the gasket mates with both halves of the clam shell.  Basically, rub the heck out of it until it is a smooth seat for the gasket.  Then fill your humidifier and reseat it firmly in the unit.  Voila, problem should be fixed! No more gasping and raspy breathing sound from your Resmed.  Also no moaning.
Post Reply Post Reply
I dont use the humidifier and I bought the cap to replace it and it's so quiet my fan above makes more noise.

I also travel and it makes it so easy with the end cap versus the humidifier. The bag is very snug with the unit crammed in.

FYI for travelers in humid areas, the cap is cool.

Have a awesome Sunday.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi last night my mask I think made noise not my machine I had it over a month resmed air sense . What kind iof mask r using . I am using the resmed p10 .
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Kladeois

I have a resmed air sense 10 elite too. Mine is very quiet and with the P10 now, at times I am not aware I am on PAP if not for the strap across my cheeks.

When I used to use the FFM F10, it used to be 'noisy' when there were large leaks. So I do not know whether that is the case for you......
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 102 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 272 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
  Noisy nasal pillows? justinfreeman 7 1,396 09-28-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: stevew77

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.