Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noisy AirSense 10 Elite
Noisy AirSense 10 Elite
I just received my new AirSense 10 Elite yesterday and noticed that it was quite noisy. It is like having a heavy breather in the room. I moved the unit to the floor and although it reduced how much I could hear it, the noise was still there. Is this noise normal? I thought these units were supposed to be whisper quiet.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Noisy AirSense 10 Elite
Hi Kladeios,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The newer machines are supposed to be very quiet. You might have to exchange the one you have now for another one.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and getting a quieter machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2014, 09:30 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Kladeios,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The newer machines are supposed to be very quiet. You might have to exchange the one you have now for another one.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and getting a quieter machine.

I have the AirSence 10 Autoset and I can tell you that you don't even know it's running it so quite , in fact the air blowing from the furnace ducts is louder than the machine is.
You might what to bring it back to your DME and compare it with another machine it doesn't sound right to me.
They have 2 year warranties.

Mr. Van Winkle
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the replies. I will delay my vacation for a few more days so that I can have the unit checked out. Other than the noise the unit is awesome.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2014, 10:07 AM)Kladeios Wrote: Thank you for the replies. I will delay my vacation for a few more days so that I can have the unit checked out. Other than the noise the unit is awesome.

I agree, I have the machine and it's very quiet. Sometimes when I wake up at night I have to check just to make sure it's still running because it's so quiet :p

I'd double check for possible leaks, and that it's not your mask. Though these machines have a smiley face to show a good mask seal. Other then that, I'd say it's the machine itself and you may need to take it back.

(The only time it's a little noisy is when I disconnect my mask and it still pushes air for a second or two)
Post Reply Post Reply
I've checked the mask a few times. The noise is definitely coming from the machine. I checked the filter, hose fitting and the humidifier. It's strange that I didn't hear the noise when the unit was being setup for me but then I wasn't in a quiet room with my cat staring at this weird thing on my face.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2014, 07:12 PM)Kladeios Wrote: I've checked the mask a few times. The noise is definitely coming from the machine. I checked the filter, hose fitting and the humidifier. It's strange that I didn't hear the noise when the unit was being setup for me but then I wasn't in a quiet room with my cat staring at this weird thing on my face.

I would take it back since they are under warranty. perhaps they could turn on a display model for comparison. The machine should be pretty quiet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a new one a few weeks ago. I was worried about noise, but mine makes no noise at all, and it sits on the nightstand near my head. There's something wrong with yours if it is noisy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine makes sound only when I am breathing in.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2014, 11:38 PM)SuperDave Wrote: Mine makes sound only when I am breathing in.

Same here. It is a humming noise that is not very loud but annoying in a silent room. I had a rental machine for a month prior to buying and it was totally silent.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 102 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 272 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
  Noisy nasal pillows? justinfreeman 7 1,396 09-28-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: stevew77

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.