Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noisy DreamStation
RE: Noisy DreamStation
I took my Dreamstation Auto back to the company I received it from. The tech listened to it and decided it indeed had a problem. He replaced it under warranty and the new machine is silent. There is no whirring sound being fed through the hose now. It's as quiet as my old Rem Star Auto and I couldn't be happier. 

I definitely recommend if you receive a machine that has that whirring noise to return it immediately and not suffer with it. The sound CANNOT be masked due to the way it's transmitted. It's a defective machine and a properly operating Dreamstation Auto doesn't make the noise.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Were you able to figure out why your Dreamstation is making the groaning noise. Mine does it too and it keeps both me and my husband awake....even with earplugs.
Post Reply Post Reply
well mine was working fine until 4 days ago, It started to make a loud noise everytime I breath. there was a motor noise and the Air pressure was going up. I also notices that my AHI was getting high. It is very uncomfortable(my cpap dreamstation is not even a year old). and no, cpap should not make a loud noise.  so i noticed that by removing the white light filter it stopped doing that noise and my Air pressure is back to normal as when I first bought it. I replaced the filter twice less than a month maybe the filter is defective. it was making my cpap work harder that pressure CmH20 was going up  to 12 in less than 10min. its 12:00 am and I hope I can get some good sleep. just wanted to share this because i know the struggle.
Post Reply Post Reply
Garlandguy- Your micro filter may need to be changed more often.

When I'm at a hotel, my micro filter looks dark within a day or two.

When I'm at home, it turns dark within 7-21 days.

It's worth replacing more frequently, to see if that helps.

Was your micro filter gray? I always compare to a brand new one, and it's amazing how quickly they turn gray.
Post Reply Post Reply
You also have to make sure its little light blue plastic frame is snapped tightly into position on the bigger dark blue filter frame. It can be tricky sometimes aligning all four edges and making sure they're evenly and equally snapped into position. Otherwise, it may vibrate like a reed in a wind instrument.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much for that information. I will be more diligent in checking the filters. I must admit I didn't check it as frequently as you suggest.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Noisy nasal pillows? justinfreeman 7 1,370 09-28-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Noisy Fans in New CPAPs stevew77 0 381 09-28-2023, 06:11 PM
Last Post: stevew77
Question [CPAP] BREAS Z2 very noisy at mask WWinNJ 3 1,406 07-31-2023, 10:51 PM
Last Post: PHXSleeper
  [How to] Fix Your Own Noisy CPAP - Don't discard old CPAP with worn bearings SuperSleeper 2 16,643 06-02-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,696 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,527 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  ResMed Noisy (Pnuematic Block) Replacement 3rdMarDiv 17 6,372 11-10-2021, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.