Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noisy DreamStation
The noise from my machine was quite audible to my wife -- she woke me up yelling that she could not sleep due to the noise! I was back at my sleep clinic today and they said that Phillips is aware of the problem and addressing it. My guess is they got a bad batch of parts from a supplier. I got a replacement today for my loaner. I hope this one is quiet all night.
(04-06-2016, 04:12 PM)archangle Wrote: The previous Philips Respironics PRS1 machines tended to send air down the air hose, and it would go up your nose, and you would hear it by bone conduction to your ears.

This can have some strange effects. You may hear it coming from somewhere other than your CPAP machine. You may hear it yourself, but others standing by may not hear it, making them think you're crazy. If you do something like put the CPAP in a box to block the noise, you may still hear it.

I have no solution, just pointing out something that may make it difficult to fix the noise problem.

I don't know for sure whether the DreamStations do this the way the PRS1 models do.

Duhhh.... That should say "The previous Philips Respironics PRS1 machines tended to send NOISE down the air hose"
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
I wondered about that, but figured I'd get called a troll again if I asked.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finding my ideal Flex/pressure relief setting (DreamStation Auto) JT01 3 68 3 hours ago
Last Post: Cranberry Ray
  Dreamstation Humidifier Question Newbee2016 13 393 6 hours ago
Last Post: Newbee2016
Question [Equipment] DreamStation Data Download CurtRug 6 190 01-22-2017, 10:25 PM
Last Post: CurtRug
  Dreamstation Auto User Need Advice Etchris 11 604 01-22-2017, 03:03 AM
Last Post: Etchris
  Reset Dreamstation Pro's Auto function without losing data? Russatrice 4 167 01-18-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  How to ulock Ramp setting on dreamstation wdriver 3 220 01-15-2017, 09:15 PM
Last Post: wdriver
  [Equipment] Disconcerting pressure pulses between breaths on Dreamstation Pro Johnbrooking 23 595 01-15-2017, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Johnbrooking